Clearwater, BC
Clearwater DGC Share
Uploaded By: Lonhart Hole #15 (Taken 7/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #15 Tee: Fairway is wide open outside the tee area with the basket on other side near lift pole.

Stay in contol and you'll be fine.

2-4    6/24/2012   7/6/2012
Review By: baileyt1212
Pros: This course was a nice challenge.

Before playing it I had heard of all the technical shots from massive downhills, uphills and tunnel wooded shots and those were my focus before seeing the course. On arrival I was pleasantly surprized that it offered many different holes, and I felt that this was a nicely rounded course. (Those downhill shots are really fun though! Watch for spectators... sorry Lobo)

I felt the course took advantage of all the different landscapes within the lower skihill.

For the limited use that this course probably gets it is in great condition.
Cons: The course plays pretty long and while I didn't mind the distance and technical aspects, it would certainly be challenging (if not frusterating) for newer players.

I don't believe that the course is generally maintained in terms of fairway mowing, so make sure to spot your disc's landing.

Some of the wooded holes should probably be done with a spotter. It getts pretty thick in some places and these are often blind.
Other Thoughts: Bring snacks, water, and at least one other player.

This is not a walk in the park. Bring solid footwear. Sandles would not be wise.

It's in the boonies and wildlife may be around... bearspray or bangers? Your call.

Don't try to crush the course. You will be penalized. Consistant control will pay off. 60-65 is a decent round.

Great potential

1    7/17/2010   7/31/2010
Review By: Lonhart
Pros: I played this at about 9 AM in the middle of summer, and it was gorgeous! The flowers on the ski slopes were blooming, which made it very scenic but also meant you needed to keep an eye on your disc.

Score cards with a map were on the main door of the closed ski lodge. No one else was around, so I had the place to myself. It was fairly easy to find all the tees and holes.

There was a nice mix of blind holes, uphills and downhills, short and relatively long (400-450 ft).
Cons: Some of the holes went into the forest (#5 thru 8 and 16) and these were the holes I liked the least. This is due to two reasons: first, these holes (like the rest of the course) were new and still being cleared. Second, they were overly tight fairways with unimaginative paths. Most were straight shots or faded left for RHBH throwers. I'm not a fan of tunnel shots with no other options. It feels like playing mini-golf.
Other Thoughts: This was likely my favorite course in BC (I played Whistler and Fernie too), and definitely the most scenic. If you are visiting Wells Gray Provincial Park, sneak out and play this course. As it ages, some of the issue will go away, and particularly if the grass on the slopes is maintained.