Venice, FL
Pinebrook DGC Share
Uploaded By: prerube Hole #9 (Taken 12/2010)

Better than being bitten by a gator

2-4    4/1/2011   1/11/2012
Review By: Grungedude42
Pros: The park was clean, and in a nice neighborhood.
Signage and tees were in good shape.
Thick trees used well as obstacles, helped define the holes.
Tricky layouts help polish hyzer shots, fun ace runs.
Cons: -Short. Leave your drivers at home. I wound up using the nearby soccer field afterwards to stretch out a Wraith and get it out of my system.
-Holes far too narrow, but ok for the little space investment.
Other Thoughts: Played it while on vacation, wished a better course was available nearby. I will likely play it again this year, unless I want to explore.

Good Break From Beach

1    9/10/2011   11/2/2011
Review By: 1978
Pros: I enjoyed my break from the beach here. Tee pads were sufficient. Signage helped. The park was clean and safe. This is a great beginner park. Even advanced players can practice here with putters and mid ranges trying to hit tight lines. There was a varying array of holes and many looked quite different. This is the perfect place to bring someone for their first round of disc golf. It breeds confidence and the desire to keep playing. I appreciated being able to leave the beach, get some lunch, and get in a quick round that everyone could enjoy, before continuing on to vacation stuff.
Cons: This course is the only one in the area and it is not to the level that would inspire great golf. Holes were all really short. Many offered less than 6' of a putting green. The trees protecting the baskets were neat to look at but too crowding to be on a disc golf course. Even the most overgrown holes were not hard 2's and I could see someone getting bored here quickly. The course doesnt separate players and might frustrate better players who see beginners playing at the same level. The course basically plays around a spot of "woods" counter clockwise...so basically a majority of the holes are hyzers if not totally straight.
Other Thoughts: I'd play here again if I was collecting teeth in Venice..however, I wouldn't detour a trip to stop here. All in all a decent course for the area. I would play here if I lived nearby. It just doesnt hold up in layout, design, and looks to 3 rated courses in more developed disc golf towns.