Borger, TX
Johnson Park Share
Uploaded By: Bassclown Hole #4 (Taken 12/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1    10/20/2010   10/20/2010
Review By: tyocky
Pros: EXTREMELY CHALLENGING. I've played a lot of tough courses but this one takes the cake. I gave it a score of 4 out of 5 based solely on it being so challenging.
Cons: The terrain is extremely rugged and difficult to walk through at times. Steep cliffs, landslide type hills, every type of thorny, prickly, blood drawing plant imaginable. Just getting through the course is an accompishment in itself and quite a workout. Any players who have physical limitations due to health or age will have a lot of trouble with the terrain.
Other Thoughts: Firsty, be sure to get a map from the proshop building up above 18's basket. The course starts off pleasant. Throwing from an elevated tee over a pretty grassy meadow to a basket tucked into some trees. It was a nice and "normal" level of challenging. The next hole or two are about the same level but the terrain gets a tiny bit more rugged with each. By hole 6, you are way back into the wilderness and then suddenly the course turns EVIL and INSANE. It became more of an endurance test and not so much about making good disc golf shots. Honestly by the end I was kinda pissed. Granted I had my kids walking with me but they were actually pretty good considering. Don't bring your family on this course and be sure to bring a lot of water and good shoes. I'm glad I played it but I doubt I will ever play it again. The Pro shop should sell some kind of t-shirt or sticker saying "I survived Johnson Disc Golf Course" I would have bought one.