Seminole, OK
Johns Park Share
Uploaded By: Heathen Hole #8 (Taken 9/2010)
Hole #8 Tee: Basket #7 is on the left. Basket #8 is circled

Fun Course

5+    7/22/2014   7/22/2014
Review By: JDunagan
Pros: I'm a beginner at disc golf. I really like this course! It has several short holes that require accuracy and precision. And several longer holes that let you practice your distance game. It has a lot of shade for those HOT days
Cons: Some holes overlap...but its never been busy, so not a real issue.
Several baskets could be replaced.
Signage is poor.
Other Thoughts: I live pretty close and have been working on getting tees and signs fixed...should be signs up by the end of this week. Most of the baskets have been painted as well.

Bring Your Tree Dodging Discs

2-4    6/19/2012   12/20/2012
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Unique baskets
Some signs
Some benchespavillion/picnic area for the family or a gathering
Good parking
Not crowded
Quick round
Easy to get to
Lots of different shots used
Decent dirt tees
Bathrooms
Playground area
Horseshoe pits
Good place to work on your accuracy
Lots of trees
Good use of mandos
Pretty fun
Some good challenge/without being punishing on bad shots

Favorite Hole(s): #18, #5
Cons: Dirt tees
Need better signage
No trash cans
Some baskets need repair
The flatest course I have ever played
You need a map or guide (difficult navigation)
Bathrooms are filthy
Crammed in a small park
Some fairways play along each other (never crowded so not a problem)
Need more benches
Other Thoughts: This is a small park. Makes for a fun time. Good to bring a group of people to that have different interests. They can chose what to do with many options. The course needs a lot of upkeep. It plays longer than it appears when you get there. Deffinately take a map or guide to increase your fun exponentially. Really not much chance to really air it out. But some longish shots.

My disc rating is heavily weighted toward the FUN FACTOR. If it weren't so much fun this course would get a much lower rating. I try to be fair and list all the pros and cons I can think of so you can judge also. Give this course a chance or two and you WILL have fun.

"The hidden jewel of East Central Oklahoma" :P

1    12/16/2012   12/18/2012
Review By: Dan H.
Pros: -
-This course seemed to play pretty long for the space provided. It has a good amount of holes over 350'.
-Decent variety of holes and use of the land
-I enjoyed playing on the unique baskets
-Lots of trees and a good use of mandos to add challenge to an otherwise flat course.
-Plenty of benches!
Cons: -
-No tee pads
-no signs
-not enough trash bins
-I was lucky I had a guide when I played here. Otherwise it would be pretty difficult to navigate from hole to hole
-Several holes are definitely too close to each other's fairways which would be dangerous if there were several groups playing at once. Luckily, that probably never happens here.
-all the baskets are either old or homemade. It didn't bother me but I'm sure some people would have a problem with this.
Other Thoughts: if you know the layout, this is a pretty enjoyable course. Not too challenging but not incredibly easy. I would recommend this course to someone who was passing through, as long as they had a map or a guide.

1    10/22/2012   10/26/2012
Review By: TylerM
Pros: This course does use the space it has reasonably well.

Would be a great place to bring children to introduce to the game.

There are bathrooms (albeit very dirty ones).
Cons: The course is much too tightly laid out. Several fairways run next to each other causing dangerous situations if many are playing.

The course has no signage. If not for Heathen's map, we would have spent valuable time trying to decide which basket to aim at from the dirt pads.

Plays through a park - if children are present it could pose a problem.

A few of the baskets were junky.
Other Thoughts: This should be a nine-hole course. They tried to put too much into it. I would play again if I am there with time to kill, but I won't make a trip to play.

1    9/21/2010   9/22/2010
Review By: Heathen
This review was updated on 9/29/2010
Pros: Plenty of benches. In fact, on many holes, the bench is what marks the tee box. The course also has lots of shade trees which I personally enjoy.

The course makes good use of what little geographic features it had to work with. Even though a couple fairways cross or run nearly on top each other, I can kind of understand why. The makers created a fairly decent challenging course with not a lot to work with.

The holes provide a good variance of distances, and the judicious use of mandos throughout create challenges where none would exist otherwise.

The unique baskets. These are all homemade, with a couple using a bicycle wheel as a chain hanger, but they all work and catch your disc brilliantly. I think these baskets may even work better than the commercial ones, and they sound alot different than what you're used to.
Cons: *NO signage.
*Confusing to navigate at first.
*Fairways cross each other, and some drive paths are very near other hole's baskets.
*Fairways run in, around, and over other park equipment.
*Unless the park is empty, as it was for me, it would be very difficult to play a round without lots of interference.
Other Thoughts: The course layout probably violates just about every rule of course building there is, but as I noted in the pros section, in many cases I can see why. When taken on a hole by hole basis, I would probably rate this little park course a 3 - 3.5 just for the round itself. I actually had a lot of fun on this course once I figured out the layout. I have created and uploaded a map for the course. I would highly suggest using it, otherwise you'll spend more time hunting than playing.
I played on an weekday, early afternoon, and the park was deserted other than myself. I would strongly recommend trying to play at a like time when no one else is around.

All in all, even with it's many shortcomings, I'd still give it a recommendation to play. I drove about 45 miles from Norman, just for the pupose of playing this course, and I can truly say "no regrets"

Hidden little course

1    5/25/2010   7/25/2010
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: Little course never heard of and in a spot you would never think of. I was driving down the road and just happened to see some baskets and stopped and played. Not really as bad as it looks but not really worth a darn either. The baskets catch very well for being homemade and for the wear and tear that they have gone through. The actual basket is very shallow as well. The course has a couple neat shots but it be made alot more interesting by changing the pads since there are not many marked. The creek makes for an interesting challenge on the holes that play by it. The course can be played by any skill level and can be made as easy or as hard as you want.
Cons: No tees that I could really on most holes. Baskets are not marked and therefore the navigation can be an issue if you dont have the patience to walk through it. No trash cans and there are areas that are not taken care of.
Other Thoughts: I would not go out of my way to play here but if you find yourself in the area and want to add a course to the wishlist then go ahead.