Seminole, OK
Johns Park Share
Uploaded By: Heathen Hole #5 (Taken 9/2010)

1    9/21/2010   9/22/2010
Review By: Heathen
This review was updated on 9/29/2010
Pros: Plenty of benches. In fact, on many holes, the bench is what marks the tee box. The course also has lots of shade trees which I personally enjoy.

The course makes good use of what little geographic features it had to work with. Even though a couple fairways cross or run nearly on top each other, I can kind of understand why. The makers created a fairly decent challenging course with not a lot to work with.

The holes provide a good variance of distances, and the judicious use of mandos throughout create challenges where none would exist otherwise.

The unique baskets. These are all homemade, with a couple using a bicycle wheel as a chain hanger, but they all work and catch your disc brilliantly. I think these baskets may even work better than the commercial ones, and they sound alot different than what you're used to.
Cons: *NO signage.
*Confusing to navigate at first.
*Fairways cross each other, and some drive paths are very near other hole's baskets.
*Fairways run in, around, and over other park equipment.
*Unless the park is empty, as it was for me, it would be very difficult to play a round without lots of interference.
Other Thoughts: The course layout probably violates just about every rule of course building there is, but as I noted in the pros section, in many cases I can see why. When taken on a hole by hole basis, I would probably rate this little park course a 3 - 3.5 just for the round itself. I actually had a lot of fun on this course once I figured out the layout. I have created and uploaded a map for the course. I would highly suggest using it, otherwise you'll spend more time hunting than playing.
I played on an weekday, early afternoon, and the park was deserted other than myself. I would strongly recommend trying to play at a like time when no one else is around.

All in all, even with it's many shortcomings, I'd still give it a recommendation to play. I drove about 45 miles from Norman, just for the pupose of playing this course, and I can truly say "no regrets"

Hidden little course

1    5/25/2010   7/25/2010
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: Little course never heard of and in a spot you would never think of. I was driving down the road and just happened to see some baskets and stopped and played. Not really as bad as it looks but not really worth a darn either. The baskets catch very well for being homemade and for the wear and tear that they have gone through. The actual basket is very shallow as well. The course has a couple neat shots but it be made alot more interesting by changing the pads since there are not many marked. The creek makes for an interesting challenge on the holes that play by it. The course can be played by any skill level and can be made as easy or as hard as you want.
Cons: No tees that I could really on most holes. Baskets are not marked and therefore the navigation can be an issue if you dont have the patience to walk through it. No trash cans and there are areas that are not taken care of.
Other Thoughts: I would not go out of my way to play here but if you find yourself in the area and want to add a course to the wishlist then go ahead.