Olathe, KS
California Trail Share
Uploaded By: bigreddog Hole #8 (Taken 7/2013)

2-4    8/28/2014   8/29/2014
Review By: Dsjoats
Pros: This course was a little longer than I expected and with the exception of the #2 tee box, easy to navigate. The last 2 par 4's were a pleasant surprice. Wide open throws, so its a nice place to practice any throw you want. The grass was mowed nice and short, so no time spent looking for errant throws. Had the course to myself, so no trouble playing multiple discs or feeling rushed.
Cons: No technical throws required at all. It felt more like a practice facility than a disc golf course. Very little variety to the course.
Other Thoughts: I stopped by on a whim when my son had soccer practice in the area. I had low expectations, but still enjoyed my round. I will probably come back when I want to try out some new discs or practice some new techniques.

California Trail

1    5/19/2014   5/19/2014
Review By: Jayhawker10
Pros: - Course is short with little to no obstacles so it is good for people just starting.
- Holes are, for the most part, on wide open fields around the east and south side of California Trail Middle School.
- Easy to locate baskets.
- Grass was mowed and the chances of losing a disc here are slim to none.
Cons: - Tee boxes are not maintained one bit.
- Pretty boring course to play but I wanted to give it a shot anyway.
- The tee box for hole number 2 is non-existent. I could not locate it so I picked a reasonable spot where I thought it would be.
Other Thoughts: Overall, if you are in the area and have time to kill but not enough time to go to Blue Valley or Olathe, this is a good option. I must add that Academy Sports right across the street has a wide selection of discs at fairly reasonable prices. I picked up one before I went which is the reason why I went here. I would say this is a good course to work on your form, technique and "bomb" shots. However, I would not tell people to drive more than 10 minutes to play this course.

plain jane course.

2-4    8/15/2012   8/15/2012
Review By: teddster06
Pros: Easy to find and surprisingly easy to follow the course.
Good course for quick 9.
No trees....
No chance of losing a disc
Cons: Where to start.....
-No tee pads (ur lucky to even see a patch of dirt to throw from)
-Signage is no help and missing at some holes.
-No trees.....
-No restrooms or rest areas.
-No trash cans
Other Thoughts: I almost didn't play this course cause of all the poor reviews but in the end I'm glad I did. It is a very very simple and easy course (about aced 3 holes and had 3 birdies) but gave me a great opportunity to practice on drives and because it's so open u can really see flight patterns without any fear of losing a disc. Overall do NOT play this course if u want any sort of challenge but if it's just u and a buddy wanting to kill some time it's a great course to just screw around on.

Great beginner course and training grounds

5+    5/8/2011   5/9/2011
Review By: kcmike
Pros: This is one of the most forgiving courses I've played. It's perfect for beginners to develop their skills (speaking from experience in doing just that). It is easy to find the next hole, plays quick, and is rarely crowded. Long and short holes.
Cons: As I soon found out, this course can give beginners a false sense of ability in that your disc can take just about any line and will wind up looking like a fair shot. There are no trees around to remind you that you're not throwing straight.
Other Thoughts: I can hit this course with a friend and be back in the car in 35 minutes. It's great for getting that "quick 9" in.