Marysville, WA
Strawberry Fields for Rover DGC Share
Uploaded By: Adrenalinedan Hole #1 (Taken 8/2011)
3 / 385ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Tee: Basket to the left of the y in the path, next to a picnic table on top of the little hill

Waste?

1    8/31/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: Dadio
Pros: This is in a pretty area. There are tee boxes with gravel, and while I needed to smooth a couple out before throwing, I have thrown from way worse. There is a dog park in same park and the dog owners were all polite, couple even asked me about course and sport.
Signs are good and show mando's, even if it doesn't have MANDO on it.
It is a challenging course, but mostly due to length of holes and course conditions.
There are only 2 interesting holes. one is a super short U out of and back into a grove of trees, and one mando around the only tree in the field area.
Cons: There are many. Holes are challenging, which is good, but mostly because they are long and I throw 300' tops. As others have stated, ruts in field that you can't see through grass and slick mown grass make long 2nd shots extra difficult.
Cross wind, which I suspect is common, made long accurate shots, drive or putt, more difficult.
Again, the ruts. Worth mentioning again as I about twisted an ankle a couple of times.
Very repetative. By the 5th of 12 holes I was thinking "yay, another extra long open shot with a cross wind. Are we there yet?"
Other Thoughts: I won't play this course again, even tho it is only a few miles from my sister's house. Why bother? There are areas I can do field practice closer, and Lk Stevens or Twin Rivers are only a few minutes further away in either direction and are much more fun, even if neither of them have as good of tee pads.
I really only played this one because I'm shooting for 50 this year, this was 45.