Pros: Good for a beginner. There are a lot of trees on the course but they don't come into play that much. The holes are spaced pretty evenly apart at about 250-350 ft. if you play the Blue tees. It would be a great place to bring my kids to let them play the Red tees.
Cons: Not much variety between holes. If you can throw straight you won't have a problem with this course. Won't really stretch a veteran player.
Other Thoughts: I really liked the bag poles. hadn't seen that on any other course I've played to date.
Great for a 9 hole
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Nice grounds that the course is on
- Great DGA Mach 2 baskets that are easy to see from the tee
- Concrete teepads
- Alt. teepads allow begginers to pros to score well from their average distance. Each hole has AM and Pro tees that are concrete which is really nice
- Every tee pad had a wooden post at it that made it easy to find the teepad and also says the length of the hole
- Navigation was simple, especially with the map
- Good use of the property and trees
- The signature hole is hole 9 which is a straight downhill beautiful hole (see pictures)
- Bathrooms on site
- Most baskets had a sticker on the orange tape showing where the next tee was which was helpful.
- The course had challenging aspects which is different from any other 9 hole in the area.
Cons: - For the most part, there wasnt any elevation change exept for hole 1 and 9. I like elevation because it adds to the challenge.
- Some of the holes were along fences of backyards so if you threw it over, it would be hard to get
- The park had some trash on it and was a bit dumpy. There was graffiti on some places and it is not somewhere i would want to be at night.
- The holes were all about the same. They seemed to all go up the middle besides 1 and 9. No signifigant obstacles or mando's.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a very nice course. It is the best 9 hole ive ever played because of the pros i have listed above. This course is for shure one of the best in Little Rock and it is well worth the time.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Great Course to Introduce New Players
Pros: Nice concrete tee pads with bag poles and benches on each hole. Baskets are new and quite reasonable for newer players if played from the up tees. Even though there are only 9 baskets, the addition of a pro tee pad on each hole makes it a challenging course.
The course also winds around a park that is suitable for family members to enjoy while you get in your round.
Cons: Big arms will be frustrated by the shortness of the course.
Other Thoughts: If you want to work on your accuracy and shot-making skills, Hindman is a great place to do it. It's also a great place to introduce your friends to disc golf.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Great quick course
Pros: This course is a great quick play, taking a single about 30 minutes or so. There are multiple tees on all holes and is an easy course to figure out where to go. It's a clean park and well kept. Enough trees to make it interesting, but not enough to make it frustrating. There are some open shots where you can let it all out (unless you throw 400).
*update - there is a working water fountain by the restrooms by hole 1 and by the pavillion near hole 4 and 5.
Cons: The bathroom is usually locked and I have yet to find a water source. The course is mostly flat. One time there were some baseball players I had to play through on the backside. The holes might be short/easy if you drop consistent bombs. There is a very turbid creek on 5 just past the basket. If you go in you can hardly see through the water to get your disc. Holes 3 and 4 have a good chance of going into someone's yard.
Other Thoughts: Like aforementioned, a great quick play with some variety and a nice clean park.
Hole 7, the long tee is back in the woods on a park service road, I didn't see it until the 3rd time I played this one.
Also, the long tee for 3 is covered in dirt and hard to see. It is by the road where thay are laying new grass down after hole 2.
I could play hole 9 all day from the top of the hill, it is a blast. :)
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.