Practice Putting and Midranges ont his 2 basket practice course.
Pros: 1) Two nice baskets in a nice open park with some mature trees.
2) Brings exposure to the game to people who may not know much about the game. This is a real positive.
3) There are plenty of places you could throw from to make this an adventure style course . However there actually are sets of concrete tee markers flush with the ground located about 15-25' away from the two benches along the sidewalk.
4) Will not likely be very busy on the two baskets, and the park is very small so it likely isn't a place that will get overcrowded to where you cannot throw full shots because of picnickers and such.
Cons: 1) While there are tee markers to play the same hole, you could easily come up with 9 tee locations to throw at each basket.
2) The longest these holes could safely play would be in the 350-400' range.
3) No signs indicating the designated tees, the concrete markers laid flush with the soil are tough to find.
4) There really should be a rules sign somewhere in this park so people can learn the game at this practice course that likely exposes the sport to a whole bunch of people. The sign for rules and an explanation of the game would also certainly get people who wondered what the metal chained baskets are for interested in maybe trying the sport out.
Other Thoughts: Obviously as a course this wouldn't receive a high rating nor if I was looking to go out and play some fun courses would this be on my radar, but it is a nice park with some mature trees and I could really see going here to work on certain aspects of my game.
As a course this wouldn't get a very high rating, but as a practice area this place would get a high grade because it is a very nice park, clean, nice turf, nice mature trees around the baskets, and it simply would be a great place to spend a day working on putting and approach shots. If noone was around you could come up with 9 tee areas that you could throw to either basket too, or you could throw fromt he same place with mando shots. One could be a mando roller, one could be a mando sidearm, one could be a mando oerhead,one could be a mando backhand, mando hyzer, mando hyzer flip, mando anhyzer, etc etc etc just so you try all sorts of approaches to these baskets. I think it might be fun and a good way to learn the shots!
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.