No course here, just two practice baskets
Pros: a few trees that you could find a couple of different lines
in a multi-use park
been around for a while
up year round
Cons: not a course
lots of kids that will want to throw your disc which is good and bad
Other Thoughts: for a long time this was the only little practice baskets around
not willow way has a few and heart park near by. a cool place to come and keep throwing especially in winter when park is dead and no other baskets are up.
Great for practice
Pros: This is a great practice area with two nice baskets in the corner of a park where there shouldn't be too much interference with other park uses. Both baskets are in good shape and free of vandalism, and it's a clean park. Both baskets are near trees, so you can really work on shaping some lines in your approach game, and can practice putting from behind obstacles. This is a great exposure for the sport in a well-used neighborhood park.
Cons: As a practice area, this is nice, but I have to rate on my scale against all the disc golf courses I've played. There is great safari potential, but no marked tees or marked putting distances. There isn't enough room to really throw more than short approaches without bringing basketball courts and roads into play, so don't bring more than putters and maybe mids.
Other Thoughts: If you're looking for a place to practice your putting and short approach game without worrying about traffic on a course, this is perfect. If you're looking to really play a round, you should look elsewhere. I love the idea of practice areas like this, hopefully as the sport grows, more of these will pop up and help raise awareness.
Practice Putting and Midranges ont his 2 basket practice course.
Pros: 1) Two nice baskets in a nice open park with some mature trees.
2) Brings exposure to the game to people who may not know much about the game. This is a real positive.
3) There are plenty of places you could throw from to make this an adventure style course . However there actually are sets of concrete tee markers flush with the ground located about 15-25' away from the two benches along the sidewalk.
4) Will not likely be very busy on the two baskets, and the park is very small so it likely isn't a place that will get overcrowded to where you cannot throw full shots because of picnickers and such.
Cons: 1) While there are tee markers to play the same hole, you could easily come up with 9 tee locations to throw at each basket.
2) The longest these holes could safely play would be in the 350-400' range.
3) No signs indicating the designated tees, the concrete markers laid flush with the soil are tough to find.
4) There really should be a rules sign somewhere in this park so people can learn the game at this practice course that likely exposes the sport to a whole bunch of people. The sign for rules and an explanation of the game would also certainly get people who wondered what the metal chained baskets are for interested in maybe trying the sport out.
Other Thoughts: Obviously as a course this wouldn't receive a high rating nor if I was looking to go out and play some fun courses would this be on my radar, but it is a nice park with some mature trees and I could really see going here to work on certain aspects of my game.
As a course this wouldn't get a very high rating, but as a practice area this place would get a high grade because it is a very nice park, clean, nice turf, nice mature trees around the baskets, and it simply would be a great place to spend a day working on putting and approach shots. If noone was around you could come up with 9 tee areas that you could throw to either basket too, or you could throw fromt he same place with mando shots. One could be a mando roller, one could be a mando sidearm, one could be a mando oerhead,one could be a mando backhand, mando hyzer, mando hyzer flip, mando anhyzer, etc etc etc just so you try all sorts of approaches to these baskets. I think it might be fun and a good way to learn the shots!
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.