11 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: - expert level disc golf for those who like it raw
- incredible alpine scenery at 8200' of surrounding mountains
- challenges throughout the course: granite boulders, trees, drastic elevation changes
- a huge 1000' huck off a ledge, many fun ace runs, well designed hazards.
- the epic nature of playing way up on a mountain
Cons: - the course is a work in progress. For those who like a more manicured experience, wait a couple of years until the concrete tees are poured, trails better defined, and next tee signs are installed.
- the climb from 17-18 will turn off a lot of folks, especially that close to being done. While I like hole 16, it may make better sense to design two uphill holes (16 tee to 17 pin? and then a new 17?) to gain the ridge.
Other Thoughts: I can see the complainers are already rolling regarding this course. You should know what you're getting into before paying the fee to take the cable car: nasty disc golf at its best. You will likely lose a disc or two if you don't use spotters. You will have to be in at least decent shape to navigate the course. Take your time, bring plenty of food and water. Hydrate a lot: you're at altitude here. Most of all, enjoy the scenery and the challenge!
11 of 14 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.