Preston , CT
Strawberry Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #5 (Taken 10/2010)

putter and i

5+    2/15/2012   2/15/2012
Review By: JAKE master
This review was updated on 10/27/2012
Pros: great for newbies or new discs you want to check the flight on because the wide open fairways. you can play the whole course with a putter and still drop 12 strokes on par. best course if your short on time. you can squeeze in 18 in about 20 min if you want.
Cons: if you drive more than 20min to get there you prob wasted your time unless you plan on playing 4 rounds. t boxes stay muddy most of the year it seems and are dug out so the x step can be a danger. i see most people throw from behind the box.
Other Thoughts: it is posted the course is only for campers. i live 5 min from this course and play it often. i have not been kicked out, except the first time when i brought my dog. highlights are hole 7 with an uphill turnover shot, and 9 with a uphill gap you have to hit half way down the fairway.

I Couldn"t Find The Strawberries!

1    8/6/2011   8/10/2011
This review was updated on 4/19/2012
Pros: Strawberry Park is across the street from some private campground. There is a sign that says the park and parking lot are only for the use of those persons using the campgrounds. While I was in the midst of my quick 20 minute round, two employee (???) guys got in a little golf cart and started it up. I thought for sure they were coming to kick me off but they just drove off towards another part of the park. The disc golf part is a flat, well maintained area with some scattered trees. There are natural teepads with signs showing the distance and par. The pars listed are for elementary kids......like a 281' par 5. This is basically a pitch and putt. # 2 is about 280' with the basket sitting under some trees so it's kind of a legitimate hole. Most of the others are pretty short and straight forwarded. A round should take no longer than 20 minutes.
Cons: If you're allowed to play here, I don't see any major disadvantages. It's what it is. It's a short, fun little pitch and putt. Perfect for bringing that newbie or racking up some eagles. I missed a easily makeable 25' putt on # 5 on what would have been my first career double eagle. ACE runs abound here. Enjoy it, look for the positives.
Other Thoughts: These types of courses have a place in our sport. There was a British family of five playing for the first time, one of the boys had one of those whiz rings, anyway I think that's what they're called. I wish I had had some old junk disc with me to give him. I love seeing folks like them out playing disc golf and this is the perfect course for them to break in on.