Walker, WV
The Mountwood Monster Share
Uploaded By: joshdank9 Hole #9 (Taken 8/2010)
3 / 280ft.   -- / --   3 / 310ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #9 Red Tee

Pleasantly Surprised

1    8/11/2012   8/15/2012
Review By: knettles
Pros: -Creative and challenging layout utilizing the many trees, steep terrain, and creek that runs through many of the holes.
-Good variety of distance.
-While teepads are gravel, they're long enough and level (for the most part).
-Two teepads and three pin positions per hole.
Cons: -Gravel teepads (still better than short cement pads in my opinion).
Other Thoughts: As of writing this, the course is a full 18 hole with gravel teepads and limited signs. Supposedly, they'll be getting better signage soon. I'm not sure about cement teepads, but that didn't actually bother me any.

This was a really fun, rather challenging wooded course. It was moderately-heavily wooded, however most of the difficulty came from the out of bounds. Almost every hole had the creek running through/alongside or a road next to it. Play smart, and you should be able to avoid it for the most part.

So, take a trip to Parkersburg when you can, and definitely play if in the area.

NOW, U can call this the Mountwood MONSTER

1    1/1/2012   1/1/2012
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: There's no comparison between the old layout and this current layout. As this layout is much more deverse with the baskets being placed at stratigically locations (from what I remember how the old layout was).

There's 2 teeing areas (RED, BLUE painted tree trunks)

Hanging basket, hanging from downed tree over hanging of the creek, (this basket didn't have a well like any of the other baskets that we're through out this course, but it didn't seem to mattewr as it catches the disc perfectly well (for me at least)) near hole # 2 and # 7, didn't know which hole it belonged to but played it on both holes (just because)

Bulletin board at # 2 tee and on the wall of what appeared to be an old rest room.

Cons: ONLY 9 HOLES.... I realize funds are to come by these days, but if the State of West Virginia only knew that if they would put in another 9 HOLES at this park, you would find much much more players playing this course as they have plenty of room and the room they have is ideal for DISC GOLF.

dirt tees, I realize the terrain and funds will make it tough to get cement tees at this DGC, but it's also another reason why I'm not rating this DGC any higher.

some baskets hard to locate as DGA Basket blend in with nature and with tee sign not telling the player which basket position the course is in today made it tough to navigate on a few holes. (Solution.... paint part of the basket a vibrant color??, personally I'd rather play DGA basket than to any other basket, but since I didn't know which position the baskets we're in today, it was hard locating basket positions on a few holes)

Parking across the park road adjacent to the dog park (not a long walk, but ....)

Other Thoughts: Did I mention that this DGC only had 9 holes?? Needs 99 more, I'm serious. This park has ample room for a really good Disc Golf Course, but only has 9 holes.

Small cave near hole # 5 fairway

about 12 miles to the east of I-77 (parkersburg area)

if you pass the horse trails and Oak Ridge youth camp ? you went to far. Back down the park road and find the dog park parking lot and the DGC begins across the park road.

I like this layout, I just wish they're we're more holes at this park