Bartlett, IL
Sunrise Park Share
3 / 185ft.   3 / --   3 / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

C = As average as the come

1    3/26/2009   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-

Not terrible, but not good

1    8/16/2008   9/30/2008
Review By: krc1130
Pros: Very pretty course. Decently laid out over a large park...lots of room to play
Cons: Way, WAY too long...totally punishes players who can't totally crush their drives. Three shots play around a lake, which isn't necessarily bad, but shots over water just seem unnecessary. TONS of geese and geese poop, so don't wear shoes you like. Very little challenge at all, other than having to muscle every single shot. No major elevation changes. Wind totally kills your shots.
Other Thoughts: It isn't the worst course I ever played, but I wouldn't choose to go back here. There's just no challenge, outside of throwing hard. I can see where this would be a good place to work on a new forehand shot or if you wanted to practice with any kind of shots. If you wanted to consider this a very loooong practice course, then I wouldn't blame you. With very little challenge, and maybe a few holes in a sparsely wooded area, this isn't a very good course.