Shorewood, IL
Shorewood Park Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #3 (Taken 6/2010)
3 / 228ft.   3 / 191ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Very Fun Course

5+    8/8/2011   8/14/2011
Review By: Hawkmaster
Pros: Great variety of hole types.
Good concrete tees.
Great Chainstar baskets.
Not too tough, not too easy.
Occasionally Aces and Chains will be selling a small stock there.
Cons: Signs highly vandalized, not just from aces.
Actual course not in most beautiful condition.
Sometimes gets swamped with people.
Other Thoughts: Very fun, and even though it's not very pretty, it has a great variety of shots and makes it a great practice and "just for fun" course. Great course.

fun for me

5+    6/8/2010   6/17/2010
Review By: ratoon
Pros: well the pros to this course for me, seeing that i am a side arm thrower,is there is a lot of pin placements set off to the right or strait.
-concrete tee pads
-ok baskets
-nice park
-good use of space
-garbage cans and port o john always a plus
-easy to navigate
Cons: the mandos on 2 5 and 8 although they make it more fun they are pain in butt.
-wish the course was longer
-if u go over the basket on 10 or to the right of the basket on 11 u go into a smelly ditch of i dont know what.so stay away from there.
-the drive way in is narrow and drives through southside of park. holes 2 3 4 7 all have the street in play.
Other Thoughts: this course to me was enjoyable to play while living in the area. its also right on the way to channahan and 2 awsome joliet courses. THE HIGHLANDS AND WEST PARK A MUST TO PLAYif in the area.So make a day out of it, map it out and get ready for a joliet roller coaster.Shorewood however will only prob be with us for so long the city has plans for the area and the course may be altered or whiped out completly so get all ur rounds in that u can

Shorewood DGC

1    12/21/2009   12/21/2009
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: Because I only had about 40 minutes to play this course for the first time today, I had to jog through it pretty quickly. That being said, I found it very easy to navigate even though I was in a hurry. This course beautifully utilizes trees and the creek for many of the holes. There were some very tight shots and some very open shots and just a huge variety of shots. This course also uses mandos very nicely and they fit in very well and add to the challenge of the park. Some of the holes are very, very short and offer a good ace run (I had a bounce out my first time playing). Very fun!!!
Cons: It's very short...the longest of the holes was about 350 ft. but since it fully utilized the park, this isn't a huge complaint. There was snow on the ground when I played today and there were still several other people playing. I can imagine that there could be quite a few people here when the weather is nicer.
Other Thoughts: I choose this course because it was so close to the highway on my way home from Chicago and I was definitely not let down. This course is very technical in a few spots and accuracy is a must! As said before, it's definitely an ace run course and is perfect for beginners. The mandos are a lot of fun and I think people of all skill levels can appreciate this park. :)

SHOREWOOD PARK

5+    7/26/2009   7/31/2009
Review By: TSchneidz2
Pros: This is a great beginner course and I personally love this course to begin using new discs as there are a few open holes to really see how the disc will fly. There quite a few short holes where you are almost upset you didnt get the ace. I also like that holes 3 thru 10 are tucked in a wooded area with a small creek while 11 thru 18 are pretty open. Nice variety on a small tucked away course.
Cons: I've now played here maybe 9 or 10 times and every time the course has been pretty crowded with some very large groups.
Other Thoughts: Again...this is a great course for the beginner and a great course for a more advanced player to work on their mid-range game. Nice variety on a nice course.

Home field

5+    11/10/2008   11/10/2008
Review By: ForehandMAN36
This review was updated on 8/25/2009
Pros: - Baskets in tip top shape
- Well marked tee signs w/ detailed map of each hole
- Concrete tees
- Course easy to navigate
- Most mandatory doglegs I've ever seen on a single course.
- Only one "wide open" shot
- Every hole factors in obstacles
- Wooded holes consist of tight/narrow fairways challenging you're abilty to throw on a line
- The open field holes work on you're abilty to hyzer/anhyzer
- Tiny creek comes into play on a few holes ( if you don't want muddy disc/shoes, don't throw in the creek.)
- Course stays in good shape whether it's the park district or volunteers making sure it does.
Cons: The only thing I can think of is the construction buildings that are next to the course. If you accidently make an erratic throw, chances are you will lose that disc due to those areas having a large barbed wire fence.
Also make sure you are paying attention when driving there, the entrance is hard to see the first time you go and drive slow when turning that first corner ( it's next to a basket, although I have never had my car hit by a disc or hit a car myself)

UPDATE* Over the past year, sadly almost all the tee signs have been marked up. Either by players ace claims (which I can't stand by the way) or drawings of weed leaves, mushrooms, or other inappropriate material.
* Also lately if you go to play on a weekday past 3 it's packed with groups of 3 -10 playing. Really busy. I tried going on a Sunday morning at 10 and the parking lot was full. It use to never get this busy. So if you want to play a relaxed round here, go on a weekday morning.
Other Thoughts: This is the course closet to my house, so I consider it my "home turf". I constantly play this course and it never takes a toll or gets boring. Anytime I get a new disc, this is the first place it gets used. I love it and highly suggest playing it.