Long course and lots of fun
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: 1. Baskets, Tee's, and signs all in great shape and well maintained.
2. Lots of challenges involving elevation and tree's.
3. A combination of long distance and manuvering shots.
Cons: 1. A few shots are crowded and close to a playground and the drive. Pretty easy to pick off a vehicle or get chased down by an angry parent. Shoot with caution.
2. Can be very crowded so you may have to wait to get a chance to shoot.
3. Lot of partiers so lots of beer cans and clutter on the course, watch where you step.
Other Thoughts: Overall the park offers a lot of beauty in its scenery. Be careful where you place your discs and its very easy for a wind guts to flip your disc into traffic. Be on the look out for pedestrians as every time I've played this course I've had to wait for people to move off the field, and multiple times people just sit out there and refuse to move. After the first go threw I just yell FOUR really loud and let it rip now. Better then skipping half of the course.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Good Beginner Course
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Interesting course with a good variety of hills and obstacles. Fairly open which can be good for a beginner.
Cons: Was a little confusing when trying to find the next hole or even the basket. Public pool is placed right in the middle of the course, my buddy threw on in to the pool on hole 18 right after they closed and the employees did not want to go in and get it. You have to play around a small road and you usually end up throwing it onto the pavement.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Wonderful Old Park
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Wonderful, large and spacious park with great old trees
- Large tee pads in great shape, well-kept baskets
- Great signs with a picture and the pin locations. Definitely made it easy.
- Course plays generally around a pool and water park.
- Layout is generally nice and easy
- Big rolling fairways, although not often are you shooting up or down hills, most just alongside or across.
- Plenty of length on this course.
Cons: - #3 tee pad is sloped upwards severely, up the hill towards the pin. Just a little awkward.
- Although you do have to shoot around the large mature trees, there's really not much forcing you into one type of shot or another. If you want to drive BH or FH for most of the course, you pretty well can.
- #14 and #15 play along tight to the park fence, almost too close. Definitely does make you choose a specific type of shot though with trees in the way.
- The walk from 10 to 11, and then 16 to 17 is not intuitive at all. Not a problem with a map, and probably wouldn't take too much wandering since the park is open, but still a bit of a pain.
Other Thoughts: - I love big, old parks like this that have been around since the early 1900s. Wonderful setting, lots of old stonework and history as you walk around.
- Fantastic city park course, I will definitely be stopping by again on my trips by on I-80.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Great city park course
Pros: This course has some pretty long holes, with some medium holes mixed in. Some up hill shots some down hill shots. Good location, pretty well maintained. Nice concrete pads! There is a drinking fountain there to for those hot days.
Cons: Some people have said it's hard to find your way around...I went with people that have been there before so im not totally sure. I think it could be cleaner...a bit of trash was seen when I was there.
Other Thoughts: It's a fun course. It was a little bit of a challenge for me as an amateur, but I still had a lot of fun and would suggest this course to others!
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 7 Not
Pros: It is a well organized park that has good tees and baskets. The baskets have different positions so you can play it all the time and never get sick of it. Also there are almost no places that you can lose a dic.
Cons: Most of the fairways are filled with trees. On many holes there is really no good throwing lanes but just a basket out in the middle of some trees.
Other Thoughts: This is a good place to go for everyone because beginners will not lose discs but it is a challenging course for more experianced players.
0 of 7 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 3 Not
Great for Beginners!
Pros: You shouldn't lose any discs here. Moderately hilly on the front 9, pretty flat on the back 9. Well maintained. Signs at each hole tell you where to go for the next hole. Swimming pool should not come into play.
Cons: Hole number 11 is over 600' and only a 3 par. Pretty much impossible for a beginner like me. The rest of the holes are pretty reasonable. Can get a little mushy in the valley's after a bunch of rain.
Other Thoughts: Don't wear your best shoes if it's rained recently.
5 of 8 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 6 Not
Worth the stop off 80.
Pros: Good distance, decent layout and pretty good use of the land. Good mix of long and short holes. Hills and mature trees make the course fun to play through.
Cons: Plays next to pool and in park area. Wasn't high traffic during fall but could be during summer. Hole 11-16 was a bit repetitive and flat.
Other Thoughts: Worth the stop off of 80. Easy to get to, had a fun time playing the course.
2 of 8 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Concrete tees, decent tee signs, nice elevation, lots of mature trees, good balance, varied distance,
Cons: Conflicts with other park facilities in some places, direction to next hole not apparent in a couple of spots
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice, old park and the major park in town with the municipal pool, band shell and an assortment of shelters, basketball and tennis courts. There is plenty of space left for the 18 holes that reside here and uses that space pretty well, running through a well-maintained terrain of tall, majestic trees. The first 9 is fairly hilly and the back is almost dead flat, but the number of trees to negotiate is pretty constant.
5 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.