Overland Park, KS
Blue Valley of Kansas Share
Uploaded By: jbradley266 Hole #4 (Taken 10/2010)

Fun simple course

1    6/18/2015   6/20/2015
Review By: luchalibrarian
Pros: Easy to follow course layout.
Short and good for beginners or those wanting quick play.
Nice location outside of town, quiet and relaxing.
Mowed fairways and quite clean.
Cons: Wide open areas had no shade.
Some holes are very close to the road, if you're not paying attention to traffic you could hit a car or get a disc run over, especially those of us who are novice players.
While the fairways were mowed, there was a lot of rough, and I saw no reason it should not have been mowed (though it could have been due to recent rains, as a few areas were "swampy"). I lost two discs and had to cut my run short. One completely disappeared and another I could see but not get to. If mowing had been complete this wouldn't have been a problem.
Other Thoughts: If I make it back to the Kansas City area I definitely want to play this course again!

Excellent starter course

2-4    9/23/2010   10/5/2010
Review By: Magnatizer
Pros: Good mix of holes, very easy to navigate. Clean and well kept. Very easy for my 4 year old to tag along and play. Getting him very interested in the game. Would make an excellent ace race course.
Cons: mulch tee pads, some serious thorns at the edge of the woods
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses I've seen for showing kids the game. My 4 year old is a tough sell on anything that takes longer than 15 minutes or doesn't involve his bike. With this course he can see the entire hole and the next tee. He knows there's another hole coming and it really helps keep him engaged.