Canton, MI
Freedom Park Share
Uploaded By: Dave Hole #1

My first disc golf course.

2-4    8/5/2013   8/11/2013
Review By: Trizzor
This review was updated on 8/25/2013
Pros: Easily accessible, very quickly played.
Great for beginners, short holes
Very little bugs or mud the few times I've been
Cons: Extremely busy
Cramped; A volleyball court, playground, tennis courts all within feet of a couple holes.
Lots of trash and broken glass around the tees.
Two cracked cement tees of nine.
Other Thoughts: This was my first course ever, it made me realize that disc golf is more than just throwing a frisbee. This course got me hooked on the game, and I've been loving every minute since.

Hmm...

2-4    9/28/2010   10/11/2010
Review By: Viper124
Pros: - Nice and clean
- A good challenge for a short 9-hole
- Quick to play
Cons: - All shots less than 300 ft.
- Local youth
- Oblivious dog walkers/joggers/etc.
- Thick plant life in some areas
Other Thoughts: So this course is a nice place to go when you want to get a quick round in. It's smack dab in the middle of a nice quiet neighborhood and the park itself seems to be quite active.

Most, if not all, teepads have a number embedded into them.

This isn't quite the beginner course. I consider this more of a course to go to work on different shots. You will definitely have to dig into your bag of tricks (four is perfect for working on your helix shot).

The plant life has become pretty thick on some holes. My friend lost a disc as it came down into one of these thick areas, but that's just the nature of things. Fall will deal with that.

Like I stated in my cons, there's nothing beyond 300 ft, but I have seen people shooting from the parking lot at different baskets (in my opinion, it's not the smartest or safest idea with how busy the park can get).

Disc golfers aren't the only people on the course. I have seen joggers, walkers, and dog walkers come through.

Shooting on three is ridiculous. On more than one occasion, I have had to wait for hordes of teenagers who were walking through the fairway on three. Apparently there's a picnic table in the middle of the course that the local youth like to go to to engage in certain smoking activities.

All in all, it's a decent place to play. Just go before school lets out. It's pretty empty then.

1    7/30/2009   7/30/2009
Review By: LittleWoodenBoy
Pros: Great for practicing approach and putting. Was able to play a round at lunch (30 min.). Good use of land. Hole numbers on Tee pad was helpful. I was the only one playing at 12:30pm.
Cons: Most signs not present. Very short holes, <200'. A little buggy, but hey, it's summer time! can see how muddy it would get in Spring/after rainfall.
Other Thoughts: Too many holes veer to the right, so this is good and bad. It's good practice, but not much variety in layout. Hole 9 kind of leaves you in the middle of park, so I decided to shoot back to hole #1 to get in a tenth hole. Overall, a nice lunch/practice park.

Went before beefest

1    5/17/2009   5/17/2009
Review By: atalised
Pros: I really liked how the course looked. It had big plush green looking hills. The place looked really nice. Unfortunately the message board said the course was under construction. We couldn't play some. The baskets we were able to play were cool with a mix of long fair ways and technical wooded areas. There's a river that runs through that looked pretty clean and wasn't very deep.
Cons: The construction thing. That kind of sucked. We couldn't find some of the baskets. Not all of the baskets had markers.
Other Thoughts: It was cool to stop and play some golf before the beer fest.