Southfield, MI
Lawrence Tech Share
Uploaded By: bygwyllay Hole #3 (Taken 6/2012)

Worst Course Design

1    9/20/2010   10/1/2010
Review By: Malachy
Pros: They have very nice baskets
Cons: They put them less than 10 feet from a freeways service drive.
Other Thoughts: Me and some buddies walked the course a bit and decided it was too dangerous to play. Several holes were directly next to a parking lot on one side and the freeway on the other.

Also had a basket 2 feet off a busy walking path and a hole within 5 feet of the corner of an apartment building

OMG

1    9/27/2010   9/27/2010
Review By: discinboogs
This review was updated on 8/31/2011
Pros: New baskets. Even if they are Innova, basket is a basket. 18 hole course playing along crazy traffic and at dorm buildings, parking lots full of cars, etc. Those things add to the fun.
Cons: Obviously ZERO disc golfers were involved in the making of this course. Hole 1 was about 45' long down a few stairs and tucked behind a huge bush. I was pissed I didn't ace holes 1 and 2. If this course was at my college I would drop out assuming the course design was directly related to the curriculum.

(added aug31st 2011) - The course makes no sense. When it went in, the expensive looking tee signs marked out some holes as par 2. Hole 1 was 40', hole 2, 80'. Hole 12 has a basket installed under and within a metal structure so if your drive gets close, hope you don't want your disc because the metal will destroy it. Hole 18 is next to I75. You can literally walk down 75 while walking to your lie... worst place for a dgc ever.
Other Thoughts: WOW. I guess I understand the course because none of the holes are too impossible. All of them can feasibly be deuced by someone. Hole 12 almost made the least sense of all the holes, being tucked inside a metal structure awning type deal, risking the structural integrity of every disc that even comes close to the basket. That was until I played holes 16,17, and 18. I liked 18 because I rolled my Z Xpress almost on the freeway but it turned over and I had a look at an easy 3. Be careful if you play here. Do not bring animals or children unless they are on a leash.

However there is a Wendys across the street from hole 4 or 5 so after you burn away the memory of holes 1, 2, and 3, you can get a frosty to lighten up your wasted trip to LTU.