5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: • Nice new baskets.
• Decent tee signs.
• Sloped green on hole 4 requires good putt.
• There are about 8-9 holes worth playing.
• Only course in the immediate area.
Cons: • Design and layout is ridiculous and unsafe: Three holes (4, 17, 18) play on a narrow strip of grass with a parking lot on the right and a freeway service road on the left, with another (hole 5) playing along-side a major road. If this course gets any significant traffic, discs will hit significant traffic.
• Asphalt comes into play on 4 or 5 holes; difficult to avoid and murder on discs.
• Tee signs face wrong direction. Would be nice if they showed distance. Arrows on tee signs are worse than useless.
• I have no clue what the first two holes are about. They make no sense whatsoever.
• Basket for 12 is placed under a large metal structure with support braces blocking what could be an Ace or birdie putt. Sorry, but that's just not the same as a couple of trees guarding a well-placed basket.
Other Thoughts: This course makes me embarrassed to say I graduated from LTU. Several fairways here simply make no sense (you'd think an engineering school would have better appreciation for disc physics and flight patterns). There are a few decent holes, but some of them simply shouldn't exist, and are essentially, a waste of a good basket, or worse, a legitimate safety hazard. Bad enough that you have to play around and over a parking lot, but using a narrow strip of grass alongside a busy road as a fairway is completely irresponsible. OK if you tee off with a BlowFly, but Champ plastic and cars? Not a good combo.
Never have I seen a course that was so poorly suited to beginners and experienced players alike. Do yourself a favor: drive 10 miles east and play Wagner instead.
Just my opinion, but this could have made a decent nine holes; instead, it's a bad 18 holes. Proof positive that more does not necessarily equate to better.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.