3 Helpful / 0 Not
Could be a nice course with a little TLC!!
Pros: - Technical course, all holes have strategically placed trees that will have you using every shot in your arsenal.
- Course is well marked. There is a sign with the course map in front of the 1st tee.
- Elevation is used on holes 3 & 4. (On 3 you throw down hill, on 4 you throw back up the hill.)
- Some of the holes are short enough for a chance at an ace.
- Being a new course in 2010, all the baskets and chains are brand new.
Cons: - MAINTENANCE!!! The only fairways that are mowed are #1 and #9. (These holes are in the park section of the course. The other holes are near the woods or in the woods in the back of the park.) All the other holes have long grass making finding your disc somewhat difficult. The woods surrounding the "fairways" are very dense so make sure your throws are well placed!
- There is a lot of poisen ivy on #3, #4, and # 5. Luckily I am not allergic to it.
- Some of the trees need to be cut back a bit. There is just too much brush and branches on some of the holes which makes some shots very difficult. (Case in point--hole #1 has about 10 large trees in the middle of the "fairway")
Other Thoughts: Overall I thought this course is pretty fun. With a little routine mowing, brush clearing, and tee pads this would be a very nice course. It's my home course so I play it quite a bit. I'll be the guy crashing through the underbrush looking for my disc that I just threw a mile in the woods.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.