Freeport, IL
Hole #18 Approach

Home Field Advantage

5+    5/1/2013   5/5/2013
Review By: buggzbrown
Pros: LOVELY park that the course is set in. This is my home course even though we have two in town, this is the one I and and almost everyone i know prefer. lots of challenging tree lined shots, also some nice open shots for new players. all around great course. play it nearly every day.
Cons: WATER.... i know its a part of the game but two of the holes run directly next to the yellow creek. More than a few times wind has gotten under my disc and its gone for a swim.
Other Thoughts: Not much bad i can say about this course. when your done disc golfing take a boat out on the creek or go mini golfing or play tennis this park is full of fun activities for an entire day.

newbee

2-4    8/16/2010   8/16/2010
Review By: Pink-Discinator
Pros: I liked the creativity of the course.I liked that alot of the course was short distance throws.
Cons: For now course needs a touch up from the recent flood.
Other Thoughts: Also like the fact that where the course is their are other options of entertainment.

Best course in the Midwest!!

5+    12/3/2009   1/11/2010
Review By: bisket1978
Pros: This beautiful park is host to some of the best, and most diverse holes I have seen.
From Aceable par 3's, to challenging, densely wooded par 4's, as well as medium length open and tree-lined par 5's, this course has it all!
Scenic views surround each hole, and elevation changes make this a unique course to play.
With so much to do at this park, you could easily spend the entire day there, and yet it's close enough to other nearby courses to make it a full day of Frolfing too!
Challenging par 4 over the Yellow river on hole #15 from the pro tee.
At least 2 or 3 Ace opportunities.
Cons: Not too many cons here.
Some of the baskets are behind obstructions, making it extremely challenging to hit chains.
Tends to flood after heavy rains on 14, 15, and 16.
Picnic areas on hole 18, make it difficult, but only because people don't realize they are in the way!
Other Thoughts: Overall, I am very satisfied with this course. Yes, I do live here, but I don't believe my review would change if I didn't. I have played some of the nearby courses, and while some of them are o.k., Krape beats them all by a longshot. A very well maintained, clean and scenic course. Fun for all skill levels.

Great Course

2-4    7/3/2009   7/6/2009
Review By: Sford13
Pros: A very nice course. This has all aspects of the game in one place. If you like long more open holes. You will find them here. If you like medium distance in the woods. You will find it. Blind tee shots, elevation changes, and many more challenges are present at this course. Yet it is still very parable.
Cons: I really can not think of anything bad about this course other than the hike back up the hill to get to 17.
Other Thoughts: My only regret is that this course is so far away. I would be here alot playing if I only lived closer. Everyone should play this course at least once.

Unique Course!

2-4    8/12/2007   5/12/2009
Review By: syruphussy
Pros: Diverse park offers many different challenges.

Various trees, grasses, bushes make the course interesting.

Elevation changes are a bonus.

Cons: Water! A few of the later holes are along a paddle boat river. I worry too much and skip them, but enjoy watching others attempt. I have heard they dredge the bottom, so I suppose write your phone number on your disc and hope for the best.
Other Thoughts: The park is a great place to spend time in other than just the disc golf. There are party pavilions near the first few baskets, but then are further and few between. Their is a playground and grilling areas. The historical value of the park also makes it unique. Nice place to spend a day. I found the entrance really pretty and easy to navigate, however the exit is less smooth and confusing.

Don't miss the Krape!

5+    11/1/2008   11/18/2008
Review By: leathercash
Pros: Wow,where to start? Beautifully maintained. Baskets are in fantastic shape. Every hole is unique and adds true character to the course as a whole. Very easy course to locate,it's frickin huge! There are signs at every tee,very consistent. There is a wide variety of holes here from short tight to long and straight. Great course for beginners and advance players. Plenty of holes to experiment and attempt new developing throws.
Cons: The one thing that has always bugged me about these eighteen is the natural tee pads. Natural is always a toss up with me. HOWEVER the thing that really is the problem here is these natural pads are small and uneven,making it difficult to concentrate your steps going into your throw.
Other Thoughts: On two separate occasions I played all eighteen hole four times for a total of 72 holes TWICE in a week for a grand total of 144 holes. This is not normal for me. And it probably shouldn't be for anyone but thats how much I enjoy this course. I am about a 45 minute drive from the place and it's well worth the ride.