Freeport, IL
Krape Park Share
Uploaded By: bisket1978 Hole #5
Hole #5 Approach

1 2 Next >
 Best course in the Midwest!!

5+    12/3/2009   1/11/2010
Review By: bisket1978
Pros: This beautiful park is host to some of the best, and most diverse holes I have seen.
From Aceable par 3's, to challenging, densely wooded par 4's, as well as medium length open and tree-lined par 5's, this course has it all!
Scenic views surround each hole, and elevation changes make this a unique course to play.
With so much to do at this park, you could easily spend the entire day there, and yet it's close enough to other nearby courses to make it a full day of Frolfing too!
Challenging par 4 over the Yellow river on hole #15 from the pro tee.
At least 2 or 3 Ace opportunities.
Cons: Not too many cons here.
Some of the baskets are behind obstructions, making it extremely challenging to hit chains.
Tends to flood after heavy rains on 14, 15, and 16.
Picnic areas on hole 18, make it difficult, but only because people don't realize they are in the way!
Other Thoughts: Overall, I am very satisfied with this course. Yes, I do live here, but I don't believe my review would change if I didn't. I have played some of the nearby courses, and while some of them are o.k., Krape beats them all by a longshot. A very well maintained, clean and scenic course. Fun for all skill levels.

Solid course

5+    10/20/2009   12/23/2009
Review By: Keithzilla
Pros: Tests all of your skills. Great for all skill levels. Beautiful views. Nice park offers more than disc golf. Never too busy.
Cons: Course plays near roads, parking lots, and playgrounds. Under-utilized land makes potential for better shots.
Other Thoughts: With a re-design in the middle holes, could be a 5 star course. Anyone can come near par, and upper level players post in the negative double didgits. very fun course.

one of nicer in area

1    8/21/2009   9/20/2009
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: Very nice park. Quite enjoyable overall experience. All types of shots required. Water only in play if you're off quite a bit; but very picturesque views of yellow creek.
GOOD SIGNAGE.
Best course of the four in area (i.e. Point Rock, Old Mill, and Millcreek Parks). None of these courses are bad; just pointing out that Krape is best of four.
Cons: With that said; it's fairly short by modern standards and therefore, can't give it more than a 3. One hole wide open and 158 feet. Dirt tees (as all courses listed above are); fairly worn (other three played much less; and unworn). The yellow creek views are excellent. (con jack)
Other Thoughts: Beautiful waterfall view off to the left as you drive to course; inside park (quite a drive through park to get to course; make note of your directions before you go. Not that tough to navigate; but make note ahead of time).

Great Course

2-4    7/3/2009   7/6/2009
Review By: Sford13
Pros: A very nice course. This has all aspects of the game in one place. If you like long more open holes. You will find them here. If you like medium distance in the woods. You will find it. Blind tee shots, elevation changes, and many more challenges are present at this course. Yet it is still very parable.
Cons: I really can not think of anything bad about this course other than the hike back up the hill to get to 17.
Other Thoughts: My only regret is that this course is so far away. I would be here alot playing if I only lived closer. Everyone should play this course at least once.

Unique Course!

2-4    8/12/2007   5/12/2009
Review By: syruphussy
Pros: Diverse park offers many different challenges.

Various trees, grasses, bushes make the course interesting.

Elevation changes are a bonus.

Cons: Water! A few of the later holes are along a paddle boat river. I worry too much and skip them, but enjoy watching others attempt. I have heard they dredge the bottom, so I suppose write your phone number on your disc and hope for the best.
Other Thoughts: The park is a great place to spend time in other than just the disc golf. There are party pavilions near the first few baskets, but then are further and few between. Their is a playground and grilling areas. The historical value of the park also makes it unique. Nice place to spend a day. I found the entrance really pretty and easy to navigate, however the exit is less smooth and confusing.

Krape, where's the pin?!?!?!

5+    5/3/2008   11/21/2008
Review By: Tripod2
This review was updated on 3/24/2009
Pros: Great variety of shots are needed to do well on this course. Hole 2 is very aceable, holes 4 and 5 are wooded, bogey nightmares, water is a big hazard on 16 and 17.

I thought this place was challenging.

I forgot the hole number, but there is a cool, somewhat blind drive going downhill. There is a really tall flag placed atop the pin so you have something to aim at, but that's sometimes hard to see.

The park is very pretty with trees, elevation, the rest of the park in the distance, water, and paddleboats. I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure this park is really pretty in the fall with the turning leaves.

Elevation becomes a significant factor on a few holes here. Because I'm not used to that, it hurts me each time I play. That's good! There is a good mix of shots.

Cons: Last time I went here was after some hard rain, and there were a few holes washed out on the back 9. Mud and skeeters everywhere.

First time I went here I had a hard time finding the course. Perhaps I'm blind, but I didn't see signs everywhere for the course. Eventually, it was found, but geez...

There's a pavilion/picnic area that comes into play on 2 holes. I nearly hit a guy who, thankfully, was paying attention.
Other Thoughts: Play this course along with Sinnissippi in Sterling and/or Anna Page in Rockford for a nice day out!

Don't miss the Krape!

5+    11/1/2008   11/18/2008
Review By: leathercash
Pros: Wow,where to start? Beautifully maintained. Baskets are in fantastic shape. Every hole is unique and adds true character to the course as a whole. Very easy course to locate,it's frickin huge! There are signs at every tee,very consistent. There is a wide variety of holes here from short tight to long and straight. Great course for beginners and advance players. Plenty of holes to experiment and attempt new developing throws.
Cons: The one thing that has always bugged me about these eighteen is the natural tee pads. Natural is always a toss up with me. HOWEVER the thing that really is the problem here is these natural pads are small and uneven,making it difficult to concentrate your steps going into your throw.
Other Thoughts: On two separate occasions I played all eighteen hole four times for a total of 72 holes TWICE in a week for a grand total of 144 holes. This is not normal for me. And it probably shouldn't be for anyone but thats how much I enjoy this course. I am about a 45 minute drive from the place and it's well worth the ride.

1 2 Next >