Estacada, OR
Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC) Share

UNSURE

1    7/15/2011   7/18/2011
Review By: ninja-don
Pros: Good baskets, benches, trash cans, challenging courses.
Didn't seem like it would be too crowded.
At the bottom of the baskets, they have little yellow plastic things that direct you towards the next tee... but other than just heading in the right direction they aren't too helpfull... just very cool.
Cons: some of the signs were missing, the maps is not too helpfull, there are two tee pads for some holes, but not two signs, so you are left to wonder if the sign is missing, and if so what hole is it. It took me a while to find the "PRO" pad too which I could then see that there were two seperate pads.
Other Thoughts: I don't think it is fair for me to give this course a rating since I played only the first 9 of the 27 hole layout.
I had a map from DG Course reviewer and it was very little help.
If the signs are correct, something about this park makes the distance seem way longer to the eye than the signs state.
The signs are very nice, but do not have actually representation of the course, so you have no real idea where the basket is if you can't see it... and they do a great job of makeing the holes that I played not visible from the tee.
As I stated before I only played the first 9 holes of the 27 hole layout, this was due to the fact that I was so frustrated trying to find the next tee, or the basket or the right tee that I just cut my losses and headed on my way. I think if I wasn't on a road trip and had more time I would have played the whole thing anyway.
I also don't think it is fair for me to rate this course since I didn't get to see how it could be a 4 or better rating like everyone else seem to think it is... I must have missed out on something. One of the holes that I played that claimed to have water on it from this site... really dosen't copme into play unless you throw off course through trees and bushes about 100 feet to the left of the main fairway.
If I ever go back I'll update this review or if I remember anything else.
Overall I think this course was pretty good, I just don't think I would go out of my way to play it again.

Very Challenging Course

1    9/11/2010   9/12/2010
Review By: jdinteg
Pros: Huge course, Challenging layout with some holes difficult to thread, and others requiring long shots with all your milk to arrive at par. Great tee pads with Pro pads brushed concrete, and Amateur pads diamond pattern concrete.
Cons: difficult layout to follow if your not a regular at the course. Many tee pads have posts and signs labeling which hole and the layout, but some do not, can easily get turned around. Running event got in our way yesterday with no warning we could find until we arrived on the course and paid our $5 fee. But still worth the inconvenience.
Other Thoughts: I would agree with many other reviewers, you have to play this course once if you live within a 1-2 hour drive, it is well worth it. I came confident in my skill, and left humbled. I will definitely be coming back.