Taipei, Taiwan
Huazhong Riverside Park Share
Uploaded By: PDXDisc Hole #2 (Taken 9/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Course Update

1    4/17/2012   4/18/2012
Review By: Sandude
Pros: Beautiful (free) park, large enough for more than one 18 hole course of good lenght.
Cons: The course is not in existence as of April 18 2012.
I could not discern if this is a seasonal or permanent situation.
Other Thoughts: The locals had no idea about disc golf at this park, at all. it was a disappointment to not be able to play, as I rode 1.5 hours on the train from the beach resort at Fulong, where I will be staying for three weeks.
I talked to dozens of people that were using the park for a variety of other sport activities, from cycling to tennis, basketball, soccer etc, to picnickers, joggers and dog walkers. None were even aware there once was a course there to play upon. There was no mention of Disc Golf on any park map or directories that were prominently posted at various entryways into the otherwise great park.
The last (and only) review of this course I saw here was from 2010, so obviously the temp baskets and tees have been removed.

Just Passing Through

1    9/26/2010   10/6/2010
Review By: PDXDisc
Pros: DIsc Golf is starting to catch on in Taiwan. Fun local park setting with friendly locals.
The course is an easy cab ride from most downtown hotels for those visiting and the park is well marked on most maps.
The layout is really well done for a beginner/intermediate course.
Cons: The baskets are the portable DisCATCHER type so the basket numbers don't always match the tee number.
I did not have a course map so finding the actual course in the park and navigating the holes was a bit of a challenge
The grass was very tall and I spent quite a bit of time looking for discs
Other Thoughts: Overall a very fun course. I was in town on buisness and got up early specifically to go play (the cab driver thought I was crazy). I started about 9:00 local time and by the time I finished it was very hot and very humid. Take water. And as expected - there is only 1 water hazard on the entire course (hole 2) and I managed to plant my favorite disc smack in the middle. So, someday someone local will get to find a disc with a name in English. Congrats keep it - I found a Cheeta in exchange.