Pioneer, CA
Mollie Joyce DGC Share
Uploaded By: mnestor Hole #3 (Taken 11/2010)
Hole #3 Tee Marker

Great wooded course

1    3/29/2013   5/2/2013
Review By: dlmehl
Pros: Very challenging course, lots of uphill & down hill shots, Lots of tree shots & nice markers on every hole, these guys are really doing a nice job of keeping the course up. One of the club members was accually there doing some work & was very helpful for us as we were on a mini vacation.
Cons: Poison oak, the guy that was there said they had got rid of alot of the poison oak that was in the fairways, nice job! If you are not in good shape like me, you will get very winded from the uphill climbing, pace your self & carry some water as there is no water on the course.
Other Thoughts: If you are traveling in this area, PLAY THIS COURSE it will be well worth your while

Why do you have to be so far away?

5+    9/6/2012   9/13/2012
Review By: jasonandsharon
Pros: Out of the over 100 course I've played this one is actually one of my favorites. This is what a mountain course should be. Its fun, its challenging, but its fair. Its heavily wooded but there are still fairways to throw on, not just throw blindly at trees and hope it goes through. Its got plenty of elevation changes, but the holes are thought out and not just 12 holes throwing up and down a mountain. Its got wide open field shots for the first 5 holes, all use elevation though as they all play on the side of the mountain, before going into some tight tunneled fairways. The brush will punish errant shots so keep your throws on target, to me this is a pro not a con.
Cons: It really is in the middle of nowhere CA. Sorry Pioneer. Its an hour and a half drive from my house, but I still make excuses to come up this way. Navigation can be a little tough the first time, would recommend printing the course map i uploaded here. But the course is fairly well marked if you pay attention.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course and if you're in the area a must stop and play. It can be tough to justify the gas money out this far though, I know, my wife keeps telling me.