Fresno, CA
Woodward Legacy DGC Share
Uploaded By: KC559 Hole #13 (Taken 12/2011)
3 / 250ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Fun 18 With Great Scenery

1    12/11/2012   12/12/2012
Review By: Hazer
Pros: Fun easy layout that is fairly simply to navigate. Very low chance of losing a disc. Fairly secluded with fantastic 360 views. Moderately to lightly wooded. Some decent elevation change throughout course, although most hole play pretty flat. Some memorable holes. Seasonal ponds and drainage ditches (although when I played they were completely dry) in play on 3-4 holes. 2 practice baskets, ample parking, and facilities on site. Concrete tees (1) and signs with hole layout, pin locations, and distances on every hole. Multiple pin locations on most holes (only 3 or 4 only have 1 I believe).
Cons: Fairly open with little shade. Only one tee on each hole. Fairly easy course with many wide open shots and no really long holes. The only water on the course is seasonal. Most holes play very flat despite numerous hills throughout the course. Pay to play ($5 per car). There are many holes in the fairways and throughout the course due to ground squirrels, which can make it easy to roll an ankle if you're not careful, and can make it hard to spot your disc if it lands in one (one of my shots landed deep in one and it took me a couple minutes to find it). The deep right pin placement on hole 6 brings hole 7's tee into play.
Other Thoughts: Very fun course to play for the first time, but due to its simplicity and low difficulty it is not one I personally would want to play regularly. That said, there are great views and scenery throughout the course and it would be a great course for beginner/intermediate disc golfers. I would like to play this course when the ponds and ditches are full as it would make some holes significantly more challenging.

Ground Squirrel Heaven!

1    4/5/2012   4/11/2012
Pros: The course is set up in it's own area of a large sprawling park so it's disc golf exclusive. There are nice views of Fresno from the upper reaches. The concrete pads, baskets and signs are all in good shape making it relatively easy to navigate. The temps were great in early spring. With only two holes over 400' and only two others over 300', it's definitely an intermediate course at best.
The pole hole (#16? or # 17?) is pretty cool. Was is orginally built as something else? I don't think disc course designers/builders built up that massive structure, did they?
Two practice baskets are good and a nice staging area would be ideal for tournies. Plenty of parking.
Cons: It's a fairly straight forwarded course. Most of the holes are pretty bland, flat and not overly imaginative. I'm sure it would get really hot and dusty out there in the swelteriing Fresno summer days. Not much shade or water.
You really need to watch where your walking to keep from stepping in the ground squirrel holes. They're everywhere!

$5 entry each time would get old.
Other Thoughts: This would be a decent little home course for a older rec player like me. The challenge is isn't there for advanced players and beyond. I could play it many times and enjoy what it offers. The weather from Septermber to May would be perfect disc throwing weather.

Decent time in Fresno

1    4/19/2011   4/20/2011
Review By: MikePinchico
Pros: -Cement Tees (and good sized ones)
-Innova baskets
-Mix of long and short holes
-Multiple pin location on most holes
-Course is separate from the rest of the park
-Benches at most holes
-Easy to navigate

Cons: -Course was crowded
-As a single player I found that other players were very rude about letting people play through (one guy threw 4 discs while I was waiting at the pad)
-It wasn't while I played, but I know this course would be hot in the summer.
-5 $ to get into the park
Other Thoughts: I played this course while I was driving back from Bakersfield and I found it worth my while to stop and play. I would of had a great time if other players would have been a bit more courteous, but I know that is just how it is sometimes. The overall park that the course is in was pretty awesome and would be great for a BBQ. If your in the area I recommend playing this course.

Home Course

5+    7/21/2010   7/23/2010
Review By: EricArii
This review was updated on 7/28/2010
Pros: Great Signs with accurate distances
Great flow with no backtracking
Baskets all in good condition
Multiple pin positions
tries players' long and short games
great community of local players from am to pro

separated from the rest of the park so there's usually no bystanders, picknickers, or people in general in the way of throws.
Cons: $5 dollar park entry free
course can be very weedy
in the summer, it's hot
not very many technical shots
the course can be too forgiving
Other Thoughts: this is my home course that i play regularly. It's a very fun and relaxing course to play. The community of players offer a lot of fun events and game types regularly which is a good way to play with better players which inspires learning.

Bring water

5+    5/18/2010   5/20/2010
Review By: Curty
Pros: Long and short holes.
Terrain used wisely.
Cool locals.
Baskets moved often.
Open enough to let 'em fly off the tee on most holes.
Guarded around holes just enough to be challenging.
Cons: Hot in the summer.
Not enough water on the course.
Don't wear socks in the summer (stickers).
Other Thoughts: Some people think it's dumb to put baskets on top of hills and ridges but there are not too many trees here so they need some defense (especially in summer when a skipper will go forever).

My First Cali Course

2-4    12/12/2008   6/10/2009
Review By: Daffron24
Pros: Being my first course played in California I didn't really know what to expect. Very picturesque views throughout the course which enhanced my experience being from Illinois. Overall this course is mostly flat with few trees and bushes as obstacles. Three simple things that really can make a course not enjoyable: Weather, tee boxes, and signage. I played this course in December so the weather was perfect for me, but I've heard from locals that the weather can be overwhelming if water is not brought (so I guess it could be a con if you are playing during the summer months). Concrete tee pads were a major plus for me as well as the signage which makes navigation of the course easy.
Cons: Apparently it costs money to enter the park which I did not have to pay since it was the winter, but I could see people not wanting to play. The course it self was was fun, but it was missing many things for it to qualify for a superb course. Most of the shots are straight ahead without a lot of elevation. There are also a lot of hole throughout, so watch out unless you want a sprained ankle.
Other Thoughts: Overall I enjoyed my first course in Cali. Mound hole was pretty cool (still being finished when I went). I would definitely recommend going to this course if you are in the Fresno area. .

Fun, but not too much variety

1    11/25/2008   6/9/2009
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course is in a mostly flat park, with a few small hills. There are some scattered low trees and bushes, but the course is mostly open. The course makes pretty good use of the space, with a nice mix of short and long holes, and a few holes that offer a little more challenge.

The tees are nice concrete boxes that all seemed to be in decent shape. There are signs that made the course easy to follow, with no navigational issues even for our first time around the course. A few of the holes made good use of the available foliage to protect the pin in otherwise open areas.
Cons: The course gets a little repetitive, as there is virtually no elevation change throughout the course. Nearly all the holes are straight shots, without enough trees to force any other kind of shot or line.

The course can get very dusty, which makes for slippery discs. Make sure you bring something to wipe them in between shots. This can also lead to a lot of dust in the air on windy days. There is really no shade, so make sure you bring sunscreen and lots of water on warm days, you'll definitely need them.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed playing this course, but there wasn't anything about it that really stood out to me. definitely play this one if you're passing through the Fresno area , but don't go too far out of your way to play this one.

This course is very beginner friendly, and there are very few places to lose discs. There are some longer holes to challenge your distance, but more experienced players will likely feel that there is not enough variety to present a real challenge.

Rated too high!

2-4    6/5/2008   5/21/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
Hope this doesn't offend any of the locals - some of which are my friends - but, this course is not a 5, not a 4 1/2, not even a 4... Let's just get that out of the way now! I've played 25 better courses than this course - and it's a 3.

Pros -
- It's a good golf course.
- Relatively easy to find your way around.
- Good tee-pads.
- Good mix of long and short holes.
- Good placement of baskets considering the lack of vegetation.
- The mound hole was pretty cool.
Cons:
- There aren't too many cons... just not enough highlights. The holes are boring! No elevation, almost all straight, lack of vegetation, etc... it's just regular.
- One of the best microbreweries in CA is nearby. Sequoia Brewing Company has some of the best ales I have ever had - and I've been to as many breweries as I have DG courses.

Like tenWatts said: It's a fun course, not for the summertime, and don't go too far out of your way to play it.