Fresno, CA
3 / 267ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Decent time in Fresno

1    4/19/2011   4/20/2011
Review By: MikePinchico
Pros: -Cement Tees (and good sized ones)
-Innova baskets
-Mix of long and short holes
-Multiple pin location on most holes
-Course is separate from the rest of the park
-Benches at most holes
-Easy to navigate

Cons: -Course was crowded
-As a single player I found that other players were very rude about letting people play through (one guy threw 4 discs while I was waiting at the pad)
-It wasn't while I played, but I know this course would be hot in the summer.
-5 $ to get into the park
Other Thoughts: I played this course while I was driving back from Bakersfield and I found it worth my while to stop and play. I would of had a great time if other players would have been a bit more courteous, but I know that is just how it is sometimes. The overall park that the course is in was pretty awesome and would be great for a BBQ. If your in the area I recommend playing this course.

Decent, Nothing Exceptional

1    9/17/2010   9/19/2010
Review By: gcoghill
Pros:
• Course is separate from other areas of the park
• Decent layout, but the landscape precludes having much variety
Cons:
• $5 park entry fee
• Course layout can be confusing
• Some needless backtracking on a number of holes
• The hole 1 tee and kiosk are difficult to find for first-timers
Other Thoughts: Decent course, but nothing unique. If you are in the area, there's no other options.

Fresno was so hot the day we played, we kind of rushed through the course but still enjoyed the round.

Pretty much a flat landscape, so not much in the way of hole variety but the designers did well with what they had to work with.

The course was kind of confusing at certain holes, and some of them just backtracked for no reason, seeing as how they had a wide-open area to work with.

Not worth a specific trip to play, but if you are in the area or passing through as I was, worth a quick round.

Home Course

5+    7/21/2010   7/23/2010
Review By: EricArii
This review was updated on 7/28/2010
Pros: Great Signs with accurate distances
Great flow with no backtracking
Baskets all in good condition
Multiple pin positions
tries players' long and short games
great community of local players from am to pro

separated from the rest of the park so there's usually no bystanders, picknickers, or people in general in the way of throws.
Cons: $5 dollar park entry free
course can be very weedy
in the summer, it's hot
not very many technical shots
the course can be too forgiving
Other Thoughts: this is my home course that i play regularly. It's a very fun and relaxing course to play. The community of players offer a lot of fun events and game types regularly which is a good way to play with better players which inspires learning.

Bring water

5+    5/18/2010   5/20/2010
Review By: Curty
Pros: Long and short holes.
Terrain used wisely.
Cool locals.
Baskets moved often.
Open enough to let 'em fly off the tee on most holes.
Guarded around holes just enough to be challenging.
Cons: Hot in the summer.
Not enough water on the course.
Don't wear socks in the summer (stickers).
Other Thoughts: Some people think it's dumb to put baskets on top of hills and ridges but there are not too many trees here so they need some defense (especially in summer when a skipper will go forever).

Fresburg Fun

5+    11/14/2009   11/15/2009
Review By: ibgollie
Pros: -Nice tee boxes
-Lots of Benches
-Lots of pin locations
-Good blend of long and short holes
-Great views of the Sierras
-Disc Golf exclusive area (assuming the bikers stay where they're suppposed to)
-Decent tee signs

It's a fun course with enough trees to keep you honest and enough terrain to keep it fun and make you think to avoid the big skip and roll-aways.
Cons: I've only played here once when it wasn't a tournament and was very disappointed. The tournament course is one of my favorites, but the standard course is not nearly as fun.
Other Thoughts: I like this course and the locals, but from what I hear it's generally set-up super short to please the beginners and not generally set-up to maximize fun for all. All in all this is still a personal favorite and worth a stop is your in the area

My First Cali Course

2-4    12/12/2008   6/10/2009
Review By: Daffron24
Pros: Being my first course played in California I didn't really know what to expect. Very picturesque views throughout the course which enhanced my experience being from Illinois. Overall this course is mostly flat with few trees and bushes as obstacles. Three simple things that really can make a course not enjoyable: Weather, tee boxes, and signage. I played this course in December so the weather was perfect for me, but I've heard from locals that the weather can be overwhelming if water is not brought (so I guess it could be a con if you are playing during the summer months). Concrete tee pads were a major plus for me as well as the signage which makes navigation of the course easy.
Cons: Apparently it costs money to enter the park which I did not have to pay since it was the winter, but I could see people not wanting to play. The course it self was was fun, but it was missing many things for it to qualify for a superb course. Most of the shots are straight ahead without a lot of elevation. There are also a lot of hole throughout, so watch out unless you want a sprained ankle.
Other Thoughts: Overall I enjoyed my first course in Cali. Mound hole was pretty cool (still being finished when I went). I would definitely recommend going to this course if you are in the Fresno area. .

Fun, but not too much variety

1    11/25/2008   6/9/2009
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course is in a mostly flat park, with a few small hills. There are some scattered low trees and bushes, but the course is mostly open. The course makes pretty good use of the space, with a nice mix of short and long holes, and a few holes that offer a little more challenge.

The tees are nice concrete boxes that all seemed to be in decent shape. There are signs that made the course easy to follow, with no navigational issues even for our first time around the course. A few of the holes made good use of the available foliage to protect the pin in otherwise open areas.
Cons: The course gets a little repetitive, as there is virtually no elevation change throughout the course. Nearly all the holes are straight shots, without enough trees to force any other kind of shot or line.

The course can get very dusty, which makes for slippery discs. Make sure you bring something to wipe them in between shots. This can also lead to a lot of dust in the air on windy days. There is really no shade, so make sure you bring sunscreen and lots of water on warm days, you'll definitely need them.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed playing this course, but there wasn't anything about it that really stood out to me. definitely play this one if you're passing through the Fresno area , but don't go too far out of your way to play this one.

This course is very beginner friendly, and there are very few places to lose discs. There are some longer holes to challenge your distance, but more experienced players will likely feel that there is not enough variety to present a real challenge.

Rated too high!

2-4    6/5/2008   5/21/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
Hope this doesn't offend any of the locals - some of which are my friends - but, this course is not a 5, not a 4 1/2, not even a 4... Let's just get that out of the way now! I've played 25 better courses than this course - and it's a 3.

Pros -
- It's a good golf course.
- Relatively easy to find your way around.
- Good tee-pads.
- Good mix of long and short holes.
- Good placement of baskets considering the lack of vegetation.
- The mound hole was pretty cool.
Cons:
- There aren't too many cons... just not enough highlights. The holes are boring! No elevation, almost all straight, lack of vegetation, etc... it's just regular.
- One of the best microbreweries in CA is nearby. Sequoia Brewing Company has some of the best ales I have ever had - and I've been to as many breweries as I have DG courses.

Like tenWatts said: It's a fun course, not for the summertime, and don't go too far out of your way to play it.

Big Arms!

5+    1/17/2009   5/21/2009
Review By: Big Bob
Pros: Course offers a little of everything.
Technical and long
Year round golf
Play early during the summer
Central Valley Series Tourney
Awesome Crowd
Nice tee pads!
Cons: Hot during the summer
Da it's the Valley!

kevin wiens

5+    3/4/2009   3/4/2009
Review By: Kevin wiens
This review was updated on 3/28/2009
Pros: It's a good course played it every day now that im back in fresno. The holes are nice the tees are level. The people are friendly.
Cons: They need to weed whack around the trees.
Other Thoughts: If you ever in fresno play this course.