Course Extinct
Joker's Peak Share

Young course, needs work

1    6/22/2011   6/23/2011
Review By: ntwrk
Pros: -The location/scenery will be great once/if this course gets its legs under it
-Not too difficult to find
-Large enough area that the course could have promise
-Nice view of the valley/Utah Lake when you're on the mountainside
Cons: -Parking close to the course (legally) is impossible. The neighborhoods leading to the course have "no parking except by permit" signs EVERYWHERE. The closest you could park without getting a ticket is near 7 peaks in an abandoned parking lot, approx. 2-3 blocks away
-We found a course map online that was from some tourney that was held there, it appears that the baskets have been moved or stolen because we could only find one basket. We walked North and South on the main two trails for almost 45 minutes and only found the one hole.
-Its been a cool and wet Spring so the vegetation was out of control. I'm 6'4" and most of the grass/weeds were at or above my waist when we went off-trail to try and find a basket.
-It doesn't appear anyone has done any upkeep on this course in quite a while
-Its in Provo......the best part was leaving ;)
Other Thoughts: Since this course is young and maintained by volunteers I can understand why the course is the way it is. It does have a lot of potential because of its location on the mountain side and the wide open areas. A nice lady from the neighborhood helped point us in the right direction and assured us that the "No Trespassing" signs were only put there to keep vehicles from driving up the trail. We only found one basket in 45 minutes. Maybe the course map we had was inaccurate, but we couldn't find anything. The vegetation was out of control, but its a links style course so its hard to fault it too much for that.
I'd love to play this course and rate it again if the course is ever updated and developed a bit.

Tough Terrain

2-4    12/4/2010   12/4/2010
Review By: Wappy410
Pros: Beautiful, rugged terrain. This challenging course has really served to make me a better player, with holes featuring large drops of up to 100 feet and rises of 50 feet. The varied terrain makes each hole interesting and dynamic, and I find myself looking for opportunities to go and play again.
Cons: As mentioned, the holes are challenging, and the terrain is rugged. The front nine involve a lot of hiking, as do the back nine to a lesser degree. If you make large errors, the course is unforgiving and you will quite possibly spend time looking for your disc. With much of the course played out on non-level surfaces, an untimely hook or unfortunate bend can send your disc slanting down the hillside.
Other Thoughts: All in all, I love this course, and have played all 18 several times, though generally not all at once. I have not lost any discs on the course, though I have spent a decent amount of time looking for a stray disc. The difficult nature of this course is likely to be fairly discouraging for players with little or no experience, so I would recommend saving this course till later, unless they are particularly intrepid. Enjoy!

Lost!

1    10/23/2010   10/23/2010
Review By: Bohica1010
Pros: From walking around and trying to find holes, we played what we though we could find. Lots of variations on elevation and distance with trees to shoot around. At the base of the mountain and beautiful.
Cons: No map, signs or even rocks on the ground to help get started or even get to hole 2 (or others).
Other Thoughts: It would have been good to know from the driving directions that the sign at the dirt road says "Authorized Vehicles Only". Also it would have be good to have at least a picture of a napkin with the course layout or something so that people can follow the course. Even pictures added to the site so can try to find where to look next would have been nice. I will happily update my rating when there is a way to play the course as it was meant because it seems awesome.

Be Ready to Bring It

1    10/19/2010   10/19/2010
Review By: waywu2001
Pros: This course is BIG. Lots of Par 4's (and a 5?) to go along with the usual 3's. Fantastic use of elevation leads to unique holes and great views. The baskets were fine and for natural tees, they weren't bad.
Cons: Probably impossible to play without a guide for the first time (such a big course). Too extreme for a beginner or a casual player. That's not really a Con, but something worth noting. It'd be nice if it had drinking or bathroom facilities too.
Other Thoughts: The course is not very technical. It's always good to have different throws, but this course does not really demand it. The main challenge of the course is distance.

Disc golf for the future

1    10/16/2010   10/16/2010
Review By: ryan ranes
Pros: awsome sick course super fun every hole is diffrent you will need alot of discs for this course alot of fun a very challenging course
Cons: natural tee pads and no water fountains
Other Thoughts: its a course for early in the morning or late in the afternoon can get very hot