I got massacred!
Pros: *Beautiful scenery and nice campsites.
*Elevation change on almost all holes.
*Has some really cool over the canyon throws that are unique.
*There is a nice short 9 hole beginner course (all holes <200') near the gift shop that also has some impressive high-desert scenery.
Cons: *Heavy brush, so you should take turns spotting if you're playing with others. You will probably spend alot of time hunting discs if you are alone.
*Several blind tee shots.
*The wind can be strong here, so check the weather forecast first.
Other Thoughts: This is a very unique and challenging course. I shot +6 and felt pretty good about it. If you can shoot under par here, you've got some skills! Players who are used to well manicured park settings will be quite surprised when they drive up to tee 1. Definitely plan on stopping by if you're passing through.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
- Easy to Navigate
- Course map and scorecard at #1
- Here is a link to the course map
- Lots of elevation changes and obstacles
- Great design
- Good mix of technical and distance
- Mowed fairways to direct you to the baskets
- Picnic area in between front and back 9
- Good signs and directions at every tee and basket
- Restrooms, water, river access, and camping
- The blind drives are challenging but easy to figure out
- Can be VERY WINDY check before you make the drive as this course is death in the wind
- Loose gravel for tee pads??? This is my biggest con. Hard dirt, road base, or most other surfaces are better then tee boxes filled with loose gravel. On some holes we just threw from the side. I will give this course a higher rating when this is improved.
This is not a beginner friendly course. The layout is links style and a good mix of technical and distance holes. It plays longer than the numbers on the sign due to elevation and obstacles. The large tree/bushes can eat discs so bring whatever you like to throw to retrieve discs. My baseball worked great. There is not a "park" like Walcott. This course is more similar in terrain to Bengal Ridge or the back 9 at Sister. Wear good shoes and earlier in the year when the weeds and grass are high you might want pants.
Here is a link to the course website
It is exit 28 and then turn right at the booth after paying $5 then go the parking lot and you can't miss the first tee box and sign.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Front 9 is well laid out and easy to follow. New back 9 has some of the coolest shots I have thrown. Hilltop to hilltop over a canyon, uphill and a few downhill bombers. Easy parking and restrooms. Discs are surprisingly easy to find. Highly technical due to landscape and foliage. You will never throw the same game twice here.
Cons: Several blind tee shots. Wouldn't be near as much an issue 2nd round. Discs can be a bit tough to find but we only lost 1. Wind was up and this course would be quite hard to par even without the wind.
Other Thoughts: Totally worth the Drive from Twin Falls. 5 mins off I84. Stop and play it if you are driving by. Definitely not your mamas disc golf course.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.