Fogelsville, PA
Upper Macungie Park Share
Uploaded By: KAK3990 Hole #5 (Taken 7/2011)
Hole #5 Approach

Walk in the Park

1    1/24/2010   1/25/2010
Review By: Kwick
Pros: 9 holes that offer decent variety for a 9 hole park course.
plays in the woods and open, and makes a real good use of elevation
Pretty good flow to the course.
Cons: Tee pads are in bad shape.
signage was poor (signs did not indicate distance or "next tee" signs) which is especially hurtful playing to blind baskets occasionally.
there is a design flaw that has you walk past the tee of 3 to play #2, than you walk down the fairway of #2 (dangerous and a flaw in design) to play #3.
Other Thoughts: This was a fun little course that has some good use. Bring the family, bring a GF, bring a friend new to the game, practice some shots/discs, and has some holes that you can really let it rip. This course is pretty good for only having 9 holes, are those are uphill, downhill, wooded, open.
Hole 1 is a very short righty hyzer.
2 and 3 play are moderatley wooded, and 3 plays long in the woods. Hole 4 is the signature hole.
Hole 4 plays in the woods but you drive out to the open. Second shot is a bomb towards the basket that is nestled through some trees uphill. Holes 5-9 are all open, although there is a decent job of pin placement and elevation to make the shots interesting. None of the shots are short either (there are no posted distances, but I'd imagine they are in the 325 range) We were the only people playing and I doubt the course sees much action. This isn't a "must play" course, but it is enjoyable if you are in the area, don't have much time, want to practice your game etc. I think a course like this is great for helping the game grow, as local newbies would be less likely to jump into the world class courses of nearby Jordan, Little Lehigh, and Knockamixon.

Not bad for locals

1    8/16/2008   8/16/2008
Review By: Godard
Pros: Mix of wide open, woods, wind, elevation... all in 9 holes. Carpeted teepads are about as good as carpeted teepads can get. Well mowed and thinned out.
Cons: Poorly marked. Teepad 2 is a particular problem, but so is hole 4 which is hard to find at first. Many blind shots, which are dangerous for newbies. No alternate tees or pins (I can envision some nasty positions for #2, #3 and #6 in particular). Course is missing a certain something that I can't put my finger on... perhaps it just pales in comparison to the other local courses.
Other Thoughts: FYI tee #2 is to the left of tee #3. Hole 4 is on the left, actually behind the treeline (sort of a boomerang dogleg).

1    6/16/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: nosajeel99
This review was updated on 8/11/2008
Pros: Lots of places to just let 'er rip.

Not too many chances for a lost disc.

Most tees are easy to find.

#4 was a highlight with the drive out of the woods; to get to the basket you can go around or over trees to a hill top basket.

There is also a good variety of elevation use.

One final "pro": other people were playing the course. It sounds weird as a pro, but I was glad to see people out there. People playing a course is always a pro in my book.
Cons: This course is on and around one giant grassy hill. 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 all felt similar in that you threw from a wide open tee box to a wide open basket. The elevation helped, especially on #7 where I had to throw downhill a good distance after by initial drive.

On a different note, I completely missed #2 my first time around. After the #1 basket I saw a wooden post with a "3" on it.... looked around and could not find 2. Played 3 and in the process of playing 3 I see 2... so, just to make sure I played the whole course I played #2 after #9. Bad location for #2... you basically walk PAST #3 tee, play #2, then walk back past #2 tee to get to #3 tee. Odd.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I had a good time playing, but it wasn't anything special in my book. It is a great course to work on drive accuracy or to try out a new disc. There is nothing to hit!

Lack of distance to pin on the tee signs was initially a negative, but it wouldn't have helped that much since the elevation was so drastic on many holes. Also, it made me rely on experience which was kind of a nice touch, I guess.