San Antonio, TX
Trinity University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Guru10 Hole #6 (Taken 10/2010)

So-So.

1    5/25/2011   5/26/2011
Review By: allent
Pros: Though only 6 holes, this course is in great shape and well-manicured. The holes offer a variety of shots and the course was fairly easy to navigate. The signs at each hole were top notch and the baskets were all in good shape (looked new).
Cons: First and foremost the tee boxes need work. It was extremely dry when I played this course, just a little damp with a light morning dew and the tee boxes were basically mud and very slippery. There are great inexpensive alternatives to big concrete slabs if they didn't want those in the beautiful, natural park. There's also nothing marking the front of the teebox, so I couldn't really tell how far up I could go. As a result, I just used the hole sign as the front of the tee box, but then I kept feeling like I was going to hit the sign with my hand on my backhand follow-throughs. Besides the tee boxes, the baskets all need to be numbered as well. There were several big piles of debris in front of the #5 tee box and I walked up the hill to lay eyes on the basket before I teed off and got a little confused by what turned out to be the #6 basket.
Other Thoughts: This was a fun and pretty easy little course that I would use for a little practice if I lived nearby or had reason to go to this school campus (like if I was in school there or worked there), but other than that I definitely can't see going out of my way to get back to this course. There are much more fun disc golf options in San Antonio and not that far away (try McClain or Universal City).

Quickie

1    11/23/2010   12/24/2010
Review By: odysseus81
Pros: Pretty cool little course. It was ideal for me to take my 3 and 5 year old out to play.
They made good use of the land there. There are a few decent elevation shots and there was good use of the trees as well. There is a decent variety of throws for the limited amount of holes there.
The course had great tee signs. Very easy course to follow. The baskets were also in great shape.
Cons: There was quite a bit of brush throughout the course that needs to be cleaned up.
There were quite a few walkers in the course and the course is pretty tight anyway, so there was plenty of stopping and waiting till they were out of the way.
If you don't like dirt pads...you won't like the tees. They don't bother me at all.
Other Thoughts: Generally speaking, this is a decent course. I won't hold against it that it is a short course. I am sure that if I attended that college or worked nearby it is cool to have a course that you can play over your lunch break. To be fair though...there is very little challenge here. They maximized the space and I am glad I played it...but I probably won't play it again the next time I am in San Antonio. There are plenty other great options in the area.

Nice Little 6 Hole Course

1    10/19/2010   10/20/2010
Review By: JerryChesterson
Pros: Nice baskets and tee signs, good location, good design, good elevation
Cons: Only 6 holes
Other Thoughts: If you are in the area play the course, if you want to play the city's best courses stick to McClain & Live Oak but if you are in the ara and only have 20-30 minutes to play, check it out.