San Antonio, TX
Trinity University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Guru10 Hole #2 (Taken 10/2010)
Hole #2 Approach

Fun time!

2-4    4/9/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: raynger27
Pros: Really easy to navigate. I was pleasantly surprised, not expecting much from a 6 hole course on a college campus. It was nice to see that the land was used to situate 6 good holes, rather than 9 average holes. I was in town from PA and I ran into 3 locals who showed me some alternate tees that were also fun. Good use of the elevation and trees that were available on the property.
Cons: No matter how good, 6 holes is still a con. Some of the tee signs were missing, and tee areas were pretty worn out. Still, as a short course, the baskets were visible and a large run-up requiring a pristine tee was not needed.

I had a little trouble finding the course as I wandered around the main campus based on where the directions said to park and walk. It wasn't until I punched the GPS coordinates in my phone and began to walk to them that I was able to find it.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed the course, and hope that its proximity to a university will grow the sport; glad I was able to stop in. I went around three times and had a blast. It would be great if tee pads could be built and the tee signs fixed. With only 6 holes to maintain, the effort should be put in to really make and then maintain the course at its best.

1    6/15/2013   6/24/2013
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: This course is as near of a perfect 6 hole course as a six hole course could be. Each and every hole was different. All 6 holes are very distinct in my mind and not just six baskets put in the ground with no thoughts on placement.

From open downhill shots (3) to tunnel shots that demand accuracy (4) each hole has it's own unique taste.
The elevation on the course is dramatic, there is a bit of elevation change on at least four of the holes which adds to the excitement of the course.
In typical Houck courses the tee signs and map near hole 1 are some of the very best around.
Persoanlly, my favorite hole was number 5. It has elevation up and then back down a hill and getting a 2 on this hole would be most impressive.
Besides the occasional runner, I do not see the course itself being used that often. It is good to see though that a course like this is on a college campus
Cons: If there was a nickname for this course it would be "Quality over Quantity." Yes, the course only has six holes and it could have been three but I believe it would have taken away from the holes that were there as the course is not built on that much land.

Tee signs 5 and 6 are gone and they probably will not be replaced anytime soon.

Playing in the morning on a humid day can make you have very wet and muddy shoes as a few holes play through an open field with long grass that will make your shoes soaking wet.
Other Thoughts: This course pleasantly surprised me more than any other course I have played. I had an hour to burn when I was in town and Trinity was the nearest course and I cannot wait to go back and play it. San Antonio is not known for good courses besides the big three in the north east part of town but this small course adds a little bit of jazz to a city that really lacks it.

5+    7/26/2012   7/30/2012
Review By: lukebro22
Pros: Great place to come work on your game. Never crowded, i can putt there for 2 hours and not see anyone else on the course. Hole 3 is one of the more fun holes in San Antonio, one of those "empty your bag" holes. Would be a great island hole if the university would be up for marking one. Since it's in a small University park, the course is maintained with nice green grass.
Cons: Only 6 holes so dont expect to play a fll round unless you play 3 times around. Grass can get kinda thick and might bury your disc occasionally. Sprinklers are unpredictable and can end a round real quick. Joggers can sometimes be unaware of what you are doing, but for the most part it's a non issue.
Other Thoughts: Great 6 hole course to get in a quick round and work on your game.