San Antonio, TX
Trinity University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Guru10 Hole #2 (Taken 10/2010)

Great Feel

1    3/15/2011   3/22/2011
Review By: Von Roll
Pros: Very well maintained.
Great elevation changes.
Some good trees to get in your way.
Awesome signage.
Cons: Dirt tees.
Only 6 holes.
Have to watch out for Joggers.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorites. The course is very green this time of year and is a very chill place to give it your best. Some baskets are blind shots others are long drives and some have pretty good obstacles. I played this course 3 times around to make 18 holes and had a blast teaching someone the game. This course will be one of my regular spots from now on. Only saw one other Disc Golfer during my 3 times around, just watch out for the joggers in the middle of the course.

A Serene 6 Holes

2-4    12/16/2010   12/16/2010
Review By: Overhanding4distance
This review was updated on 12/25/2010
Pros: -Visitor parking at hole 1
-Great signage, typical from Houck
-Green fairways, beautiful tree coverage
-Terrific use of elevation, up/down shots
-Contains a signature hole of sorts, in that #3 is a par
3 atop of the hill. It's a wide open fairway, with a "Top
of the World," type feel. I could literally empty the bag on this hole.
**Update**
If the course isn't too crowded and you're looking to complete 9 holes, use the teebox at hole 5 to throw at the basket for hole 2. You can try and go through the tunnel of trees or throw a wide sweeping hyzer should you throw RHBH. I threw holes 3 and 4 to complete the round.
Cons: -Baskets are new, and have more than one set of chains, but they're not the Discatcher Pro's that we've all grown to love.
-Tee boxes are dirt, and hole #5 has some intense landscaping being done right next to the tee box. Not that big of a deal.
-I didn't see many benches or trashcans, but again, it's a minor flaw considering this is only a 6 hole course.
Other Thoughts: Set in a lush green gully, this serene six hole course exceeded my expectations. Huge trees tower over the course and create a very calm atmosphere. You would never guess it's situated at the corner of Hildebrand/Stadium Dr because the traffic and other noise is relatively low. Some walkers and joggers will be present, but everyone from the maintenance man to joggers and other golfers were very nice.
I think I might try an alternate tee box for #3 next time I'm out there...just for an extra hole. This course contains a dog leg left, a couple of technical/tunnel holes, a dog leg right hole, and the final hole has you throwing over (or through if you wish) a small, short, wooden structure.

A Gem

5+    10/21/2010   10/22/2010
Review By: Guru10
Pros: Great signs, even some pointing you to the next hole. Interesting shots with the given land. Hole 2 is an ace run ( I should know; my room mate aced it today!) the par fours are true par fours, length-wise and technique-wise.
Cons: Only six holes...come on, why not nine? But the six holes that are there are awesome.

People walking through the park or using it as a running track often don't realize they are on the fairway and one will find one self waiting or taking some risky shots. FORE!!
Other Thoughts: I love that this course is less than two miles away from my house. I am addicted and just found my new hangout.