Cave Junction, OR
Vertical Horizons Treehouse Paradise Share
Uploaded By: nevermore321 Hole #6 (Taken 3/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

I Was Hoping To Tee Off From A Tree House!

1    8/14/2013   8/25/2013
Pros: Super rustic location out in the woods of Southern Oregon with these great bed & breakfast tree houses. Unfortunately, the course doesn't really play in the tree house area (gives them their privacy). The course is itself is also a bit on the rustic side. They didn't have a map printed so I was given verbal directions. I'm a guy so what I heard was the first tee is over there and then "Blah, Blah, Blah". So I was pretty much going on the braille method.

There are nicely made homemade wooden signs with letters made by router and painted orange. The bad news is the first sign faces backward. Luckily, I listened to the first direction which was, "The basket is up that way." The baskets are the temporary thin gauge, single chain ones. The distances are fairly short, 190', 220', 155', etc.

# 8 and 9 play across the field and back to the rear of the main house and towards the tree houses. # 9 is longer and starts with a short throw across a pond.
Cons: Navigation was difficult without a map. I missed finding 3-4 tee pads so kinda guessed.

Don't think I ever found the # 6 anything. Didn't find # 7 tee or sign.

This might be a course you would play if you were staying here in the tree houses and wanted to kill a little time. Other than that, the course needs a little more work spent on signage, pads, etc. As it is now, it's a poorly marked pitch and putt in the woods.

Vertical Horizons Treehouse Paradise DGC is more than little bit off the beaten path.

Other Thoughts: The tree houses look like they would be a great rustic retreat. They might be a little pricey though. This isn't a destination course. It might be a destination bed and breakfast.

The owner was friendly enough although he seemed mighty surprised to find someone (anyone ?) stopping by to play the disc golf course who wasn't a guest. I believe I was the first.

TREEHOUSES + Disc GOLF= a moment in my life that I will never forget :)

1    10/3/2011   10/6/2011
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: what a treat it is to have a DGC at this establishment.

a couple grip and rip holes (#7, #8 & #9) and a couple of technical holes. good blend for a recreational geared DGC.

Beautifull enviorment.

Treehouses available for rent. Excellent breakfasts preparred each morning of your stay as it is a Bed and Breakfast facility.
Cons: even with a map it can be hard to locate all the tees and baskets.

kinda out of the way (as highway 46 ends at the caves), but that could be a pro as well.

Innova lite baskets

grass tees

poison oak (I don't get it so it didn't bother me as it might others)
Other Thoughts: IMHO I think the DGC needs a little modification. There's plenty of room there to satisfy both the recreational players and the advanced players. Keeping in mind that most people that are staying there or visiting there are there for the treehouses and not the Disc Golf course.

The owners of this establishment, Phil and Jody are very good people. I HIGHly recomend every Disc Golfer to come out and enjoy the serinity that SW Oregon provides and to enjoy they're stay up in the treehouses.

http://www.treehouseparadise.com /

go check em out, you won't be dissapointed.

They have small refridgerators in the rooms. The have an Ice machine on the property. There is a good variety of local restaurants in the town of Cave Junction. I stopped at a Fred Meyer store in Grants Pass (aprox. 30 miles away) to get some groceries in case I wanted to nibble while I was up in my treehouse.