Course Extinct
Hole #1 Tee Area: All three courses tee off from the same area

Better than Sabattus

1    6/7/2011   6/15/2011
Review By: MDeezy
Pros: Wonderful one of a kind, highly visible, Kingpin baskets! Probably the best 18 hole course I have played. Beautiful creeks and streams are picturesque, with nice wooden bridges. Great signs at every hole, benches and brooms at most. Great greens, great fairways, and huge cement tee pads. Offers a wide variety of shots using woods, elevation, and water. Multi-use tee pads, and circle tee pads. Hole 5 doubles as a driving range with signs every 50' up to 400' .
Cons: Bugs were hungry when I played, don't forget the bug spray. I encountered mosquitos, flies, and ticks. Fairways on holes 3, 4, and 5 were a little wet in spots (found out from Dr. LaVallee that soil had been removed here). Good chance of losing discs.
Other Thoughts: Best 18 hole course I have played to date. Streamside makes LaVallee Links what it is. When visiting Maine I played Sabattus and LaValle Links. Sabattus had a nicer pro shop, but LaValle was a better course overall. I would finish an amazing hole, and the next would be even better. The greens on holes 1, 3, and 6 were one of a kind with stone lining and red bark. Hole 5 was huge at 1101' and doubled as a driving range. Holes 11 and 13 were amazing, as they played over and around the stream/river (hole 13 has a pin placement on an island). Even a short hole, like hole 8, was made difficult by placing the basket on a knife like ridge. I also got a chance to meet and talk to Dr. LaVallee and hear what went into making this course a success. His dedication, despite the ups and downs he's had, made me appreciate LaVallee Links much more. This course is fairly new, and is only going to get better!

What Dreams are Made of

1    6/8/2011   6/14/2011
Review By: Star Destraayer
Pros: Utterly fantastic! Like the rest of LaValle Links, Excellent Tee pads,landscaping, signs, benches, and baskets that flow through a mix of beautiful forests and unique open meadows. Lots of care and creativity went into this course making any opportunity of what would otherwise be ordinary into extraordinary. The 'stream' holes are breath taking and a blast to play (I lost two discs on them, but couldn't care less.) Many challenges are found here with signature holes that will test your accuracy and distance. Extreme elevation changes make for a memorable experience that is hard to top. It's hard to think that this course has only been open for 10 months!
Cons: The only con is that this course is a thousand miles from my home.
Other Thoughts: This 18 hole course is the best I have ever played; and if you check my profile, I have played some awesome courses. Some of the holes were so beautiful that they didn't even need to be disc golf holes for me to enjoy their splendor. It plays much longer and timelier than either "Ridgeline" or "Riverview". My friend and I took about 2:45 mins to play it with no completing traffic. Truly the best that LaValle links has to offer; and probably the state of Maine. Bring bug spray and a CAMERA!