1 Helpful / 0 Not
Wofford College DGC
- Beautifully landscaped college campus setting
- The manicured grass will make you want to play barefoot
- Fairly open but lots of trees to make you shape your shots
- Excellent use of the available space
- Nice rolling elevation on every hole
- Simple PVC pipes denoting the tee pads make the course layout easy to follow
- Shiny new Discatcher baskets
- No amenities such as benches, baskets, tee pads or tee signs
- #7 and #8 fairways cross over one another
- Looks like there would be lots of conflicts with pedestrians and limited parking when school is in session
- Numerous cedar trees that will eat your discs (I actually like this hazard even though I lost my favorite driver)
Other Thoughts: Many on-campus disc golf courses are hastily thrown together and present little challenge or enjoyment. This is not the case at Wofford College. First off, the course plays through a beautifully landscaped setting that feels more like a botanical garden than a disc golf course. I can't explain how it is to play on a lush green carpet of manicured grass. The tee pads are natural and are denoted by a pair of PVC pipes (one with the hole number, one with the par). There is no rough to speak of, although several well positioned trees--including disc-eating cedars--will make you think before you throw. The posted pars seem way high, but that aside, there is enough challenge here to make for an enjoyable quick round. I would love to have a course like this in my local area.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.