2 Helpful / 1 Not
Rainy days by the river
Pros: -Well manicured park
- Elevation Change, including a huge bomb from on top of the hill by the road.
- Lefts, Rights, and some unique shots that I have only seen here, such as the over the fenced parking area, hyzer ace run, that if missed will leave you in O.B. with some shots being added to your card.
- The pin set on top of the raised concrete
- The Bigfoot tourny atracts some big name golfers from neer and far (*Cough* Dave Fieldberg *cough* *cough*) which is impressive for a non-PDGA tourny.
- Longer holes than it's perminant counterpart up the road
- River comes into play on at least one hole, sometimes more if the river is low enough
Cons: - Natural tees usualy end up prety slick by the end of the weekend if its rainy (which it usualy is in Febuary)
- Course sometimes has to make suden changes the day before a tourny (from what was being laid out) due to the river rising.
- Some blackberrys on a few of the holes
- A disc can be taken away by the river if you shank it or overdrive on a few holes, though this is just part of playing neer the river.
- Long walk up to the top of the hill for the big downhill bomb
- Dog walkers think they own this park, even though we rent it out, so sometimes you will have to deal with them walking right in the middle of your fairway, or thier undissaplined dogs picking up your disc, or steping in thier dogs poop, or them trying to complain to you about all these damn punks throwing frisbies around here, etc...
Other Thoughts: This is a realy fun course that would be an excelent addition to the list of perminant Humboldt county courses, but unfortunatly there are alot of people that use this park for walking thier dogs, or accessing the river for fishing, swimming, etc., so we are left with just the smaller Pump Station 4 up the road. But once a year we take hold of this chunk of land next to the river to let Pro's and Ams alike compete in the Bigfoot tourny, one of Humboldt County's biggest and most prestigious tournaments.
A big thank you goes out to Par Infinity and everyone who has made this tourny what it is today.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.