Clarksville, TN
Airport Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: bjreagh Hole #1 (Taken 11/2010)

1    3/11/2014   3/11/2014
Review By: mystikmoonshine
Pros: You could see the car. I guess.
Cons: Terrible sink holes one was eating Tee 3. On hole two I was worried I would lose my disc in one then I went to 3 and just gave up on the park and went to war memorial instead.
Other Thoughts: Hopefully it gets fixed....would hate to see a kid wander into there.

Just to throw

1    11/16/2011   9/3/2012
Review By: Andrew_Wilson
Pros: Really not much to put here but you can see your car most of the time from the course. If your just at the park with your kids its easy to keep up with them if you wanted to just go throw
Cons: The course has nothing to offer trees only on two holes and there not even a challenge. All holes other than that are open and short holes feels like your just throwing practice shots more than actually playing
Other Thoughts: If your just at the park with the kids its not a bad little course to just throw but its not somewhere I would go to actually play

Don't bother

1    2/23/2011   3/6/2011
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: ahhh, let me think.

Brand new baskets and tee signs.

Well marked.

You can see your car from every hole but from part of the fairway on #8 if you walk directly from tee to basket.

#9 and #4 are both good holes.
Cons: The rest of the course is boring.

#2 should be #1 and #1 should be #9.

There are only trees on 2 or 3 of the holes that actually come into play.
Other Thoughts: Ok, from what I understand the area where the course is was a wooded area. when the city was clearing the underbrush for the disc golf course, the took out all the small trees that the course designer was counting on being there. (at least that is what I heard)

So what is left is nothing but some small hills.

I pretty much was putting for 2 on every hole, unfortunately I missed my putt on #9 and it landed at the bottom of the hill. Next putt hit the front of the basket and rolled back down the hill 20ft behind me. I just laid up my next shot for the 5.

A Roc and Putter is all I needed and all I threw.

Basically, don't waste your time on this course unless you are like me and play every course you can. This is NOT a course I will ever play again.

Very Muddy

2-4    12/31/2010   1/17/2011
Review By: Corbie
Pros: Easly accesible from any where in town. Hole #9 is a great signature hole with the basket up on a hill. parking close by with a park for the little ones if need be.
Cons: Very Very Muddy. The course is brand new and the grass has not grown to keep the mud and water at bay. Some Ruff tall grass on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a very new course, and altho short, I think when the grass grows and keeps the mud at bay it will be pretty fun. The few times we played we started at hole #2 and finished on Hole #1. In my opinion the gives you a bast chance for an ace anfter you use the other holes to warm up.

1    11/24/2010   1/6/2011
Review By: bjreagh
Pros: Airport Park is a new 9-hole course with new baskets and good concrete tees and excellent tee signs. The kiosk is very nice, full color, and includes a map and rules. There is a little variety as some holes are wide open, while others do have a moderate technical feel with some trees and fences to avoid. The strength of this course is the use of elevation, which plays a key part on many of the holes, including blind tee shots and strategic basket locations- especially #9 which has the basket right on the top of a steep hill. Included in the park is a playground and a covered picnic pavilion, both very close but not in the way. There is also a single port-a-pottie on site.
Cons: This course is set in a very small "park" and kind of ugly piece of land. The course designer did the best he could, but unfortunately the land and scenery is very unappealing (look at the pictures on this site that I took- I admit it had rained the night before and there was still evidence of construction, but the park will never be a nice one.)

The layout is kind of odd- tee #2 is closest to the parking lot, tee #1 and the kiosk are up the hill towards the picnic tables. You have to walk past #2 to get to #1. I am sure most people just start on 2 and finish on 1 like I did. (It was probably set up this way to make the basket on the hill the finishing hole and signature, instead of being 8.) Also, holes 5-8 are kind of repetitive as they are just open and play back and forth on a slope.
Other Thoughts: This course is good if you want to play a very quick round (took me about 30 minutes, and much of the time was spent scraping mud off my shoes.) It is also good if you are a beginner and need a place to practice by yourself .

I hope Airport Park will help introduce people to disc golf (but I could see some people disliking disc golf after playing here if they were unaware that most other courses are much better.)

War Memorial is the course to play if you are in the Clarksville/Ft. Campbell area, as this course should only be played by locals.

I give it a 1.0 because it has 9 playable holes. The rating is almost completely because of the land the course is on. Maybe the course and park can mature and improve as time goes on.

Well, it's better than no course.

1    12/8/2010   12/8/2010
Review By: jobwilson
Pros: Very nice concrete tee pads; DGA Mach 5 baskets; port-a-potty on site, hole 9 has a challenging pin placement.
Cons: No memorable holes; very muddy (sits in a drainage area); plenty of conflict (9 holes in a very small area... no more than 5-6 acres); very ugly park.
Other Thoughts: Not much to this course. Good for putters and mids but not much else. If you are in the area, War Memorial Park is a much better course.