Fort Carson, CO
Turkey Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: LeewayeDiscGolf Hole #16 (Taken 11/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   4 / 535ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

MWR Fort Carson

1    10/31/2013   10/31/2013
Review By: MWRFortCarson
Other Thoughts: As reported on the front page, this course is slated for removal in Nov/Dec 2013. MWR is pulling away from Turkey Creek Ranch and concentrating our resources on Main Post.
The good news is that we are constructing a 9 hole course on Main Post that will start and end from the Outdoor Recreation building. If it proves to be popular we're hoping to add more. The new course will be a bit easier for us to maintain/mow, and will no longer require a "Long Arm Farm." We look forward to adding our new course to this site and getting your reviews!

Sigh....

2-4    8/26/2012   8/26/2012
Review By: AndyJB
Pros: -Great, full-color signs with dead accurate distances and directions to the next teepads
-Scenic course for the location
-Well-maintained teepads
- Its free
-Never crowded
Cons: Where to begin?
-Teepads are good, but need about six more feet on the end. WAY too short for the run up needed on these holes
-Even with a map and directions on the teesigns, this place is way too tough to navigate
- Tall grass swallows discs and covers you in seedpods and pricklies
-Almost every hole is a blind drive. You have to have a spotter for nearly all your drives and mid ranges, which is a huge pain when there's only two of you playing
-The two 800 foot signature holes aren't fun. They are stupid long and the wind shear prevents any spectacular 500 foot drives
-No shade. The place is a barren wasteland.
-The practice/warm up basket is in a weird location (close to the 1st tee though) that doesn't really give you a good variety of warm up throws
-Pars are overly generous....if there's no wind. When the wind kicks up you're doing well if you are bogeying every hole
-Not an easy place to get to, or find for that matter. GOOGLE maps isn't accurate, and neither was my car GPS
Other Thoughts: WEAR LONG PANTS. I cannot stress this enough. There ia no way for them to do maintence on this course, so expect to be triapsing through the disc eating tall grass.

I'm torn on this one. I want to play it again., because I had fun, but my daughter couldn't hang and my other partner wore shorts and now has to go take a bath in calamine lotion. The wind is just ridiculous. There are no obstacles to speak of, but the wind is obstacle enough. Because of the weird layout, there's no place to keep your drives low. They will go nose up, and then you're screwed.

As an active duty soldier at Ft. Carson, I'm glad they decided to put a disc golf course here, but the layout is like a fever dream. Nothing makes sense. It is totally different than any other Colorado course Ive played. I will play again,but this is not some peoples cup of tea. I reccomend playing it just for the experience, but other local courses like Widefield, Pueblo and (from what Ive heard) Cottonwood are just much better.

Last thing: don't bother looking for locals to help guide you through the course. Id be surprised if this thing gets more than 10 rounds a week. Just a weird course all around.