Sacramento, CA
Santa Anita Park Share
Uploaded By: woodstock Hole #2 (Taken 11/2010)

Great Course For Beginners

5+    8/31/2012   8/31/2012
Review By: Micronaut
Pros: Very pleasant atmosphere. Well landscaped. Trees provide shade. Each hole is different. A good balance of reasonable challenge, but not too much frustration. Basically, it's fun. It's a beginners course, and for that it is perfect.
Cons: Pedestrians walk along trail that winds through the park. Sometimes you have to wait for them to get out of the way. Once in a while inconsiderate people have picnics or birthday parties right on the fairway when they could easily do so in the park across the street. :-p Garbage cans aren't emptied all that frequently, and sometimes stink really bad. Hole 5's basket is mislabeled as 6. Hole 6's basket is missing its label. There are no actual tee pads, just dirt with toe boards. But you don't really need them, as you won't be x-stepping to throw these short distances.
Other Thoughts: This is the park where I started playing, and still the one where I play most often. Some of the other area parks, like John Mackey, are more challenging in terms of throwing distance, but few are as pleasant as this one. Mackey for instance, is kind of dried up and wide open. While this park is lush and green. And the holes are quite well designed to be interesting. It's a joy to play.

Fun!

5+    1/3/2012   1/20/2012
Review By: martianmusic
Pros: Great course for beginners. This is my "home course", the one that my friend and I learned on. It is well maintained, nice scenery, some challenging shots around trees and trying to avoid the creek.

I can take my 5 year old with me to play and he loves it. I also enjoy it even though I have been playing more advanced courses. It is good for work on mid and putting. I usually play the entire course with a mid and a putter.
Cons: Short holes don't allow for any work on distance driving. There is an overprotective squirrel that "barks" at you on the Hole 3 Tee..... haha
Other Thoughts: This IS a youth course. It says so on the sign by hole 1. There is also a big park with 3 different level playgrounds across the street, so if you have kids, make a day of it. :)

Perfect DG Pitch n Putt

2-4    9/28/2011   9/29/2011
Review By: elton807
This review was updated on 7/8/2012
Pros: If you're looking for quick practice, or to introduce a youngster or female to DG, this is your ticket! Totally unintimidating, yet possesses so many qualities I like in a DG course, including a great layout. My 3 year old and wife will have a blast here. Update: introduced this course to my now 4 yr old son, and he had a great time...he even carried the water with a sidearm flick on number 6!
Cons: Short, but that's what it's meant for.
Other Thoughts: Such a cute & charming little course. It would be neat to watch a kiddie tourney here. I came within inches of acing #3 & #5!
=================
Uniqueness: A (never seen anything like it)
Difficulty: C+ (flat, super-short, decent amount of trees)
Fun Factor: A- (ace opps abound, great practice)
Aesthetics: A (very pretty, clean, serene)
--------------------------
Overall: A-

Kid and Beginner Friendly Course

5+    7/16/2011   7/23/2011
Review By: MudDisk
Pros: Easy access from city streets;
Quiet park setting;
Restrooms across the street with playground for the kids;
Lots of ace possibilities
Cons: Short course oriented towards youth-will not challenge the top dogs, but did I mention my kids love it?!
Other Thoughts: I love this course mainly because it is so kid friendly. All the holes are short...nothing more that about 180ft, but for me that opens up all kinds of possibilities for aces and to practice my approach game. For the kids, it means that they can reach the hole in a reasonable amount of throws. They also love #6 where they get to throw over the creek with minimal risk of a lost disc. Also great for introducing a beginner to the game. Well-maintained course that is very easy to follow. Created by a local Eagle Scout for his project. Lots of possibilities for alternate tees and "made up" holes. Watch for pedestrians on the path, but not usually an issue. We play this course multiple times whenever we are in Sacramento.

novice course

5+    4/11/2011   4/20/2011
Review By: Don DiscHulk
Pros: i designed this course for kids and brand new discgolfers. there is a kids youth league thru the park district there that is generating alot of interest.
Cons: well we know the cons. if you are an experienced player, this course is only useful with putters. the district has there own park police that strictly enforce all park rules. and the park police headquarters is right across the street.
Other Thoughts: this park is bringing new interest to our sport from youths and alot of new women players. If you are new to the sport, this is a great place to learn how to play. for what it is, its a great lil park, and i built a safari into it also