College Place, WA
Jenda Jones Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: wallawallathrower Hole #3 (Taken 11/2010)
3 / 218ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

It's Much Better Than A Zero!

1    5/27/2011   6/1/2011
This review was updated on 4/29/2013
Pros: The Jenda Jones Memorial DGC is on the grounds of the Rogers School and the Walla Walla Academy. Granted these are large expanses of green grassy lawns. Reminds me of the drive getting here from the Tri-Cities. So the course is most definitely lacking in the wow and pizzazz factor. But with that being said, the designers probably did the most with what they had here. They sprang for nice Innova baskets. They over-spent on the 10 foot across round teepads with the # painted on the first nine of them. I wanted to toss a couple of my drives discus style. There are a lots of basic ACE runs. Only two holes play over 280'.

# 13 gets my vote as the signature hole on this course, and it's not a standout on most courses. It's 237' with a slight hyser, over a small storage building, then over a firepit to a basket semi-guarded by a willow tree.
Cons: There are many holes where you are just throwing 200' to 300' across a lawn to an open basket. A few do have OB on one side. I think I was lucky to throw one evening when the wind was calm. There is one pretty bad course directional flow going on after the #15 basket when you have to walk straight back down the fairway??? to the # 16 tee circle.
Other Thoughts: I think the previous two reviewers (both of whom I know and respect very much) were unduly harsh with their zero ratings here. For me, a zero rating goes to a course that is either dangerous or completely unplayable, one that I would never return to. This course is certainly blah and mostly boring but I can see it getting some occasional play from certain select players. I understand that this is not a course for advanced to pro players. But I believe that even the average intermediate/rec type player from Walla Walla would come over occasionally and play, just for a change of pace. If I lived in WaWa, I'd play it a couple of times a year since there's only one other course for so many miles around.

And I believe with it's average length of probably 200', it's pretty well geared for P.E. classes or intramural play? Or a place to bring the family or the girlfriend or that newbie!