New Orleans, LA
City Park Share
Uploaded By: MikeK Hole #11 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 164ft.   3 / 275ft.   3 / 164ft.   3 / 275ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #11 Basket - looking perpendicular to the fairway, tee box is across the creek on the right

Pleasant gem in NOLA

1    4/19/2014   4/24/2014
Review By: IsThisThingOn
Pros: - BEAUTIFUL location in City Park
- variety in shot difficulty
- mix of long bombs and ace runs
-11th hole shot over the bridge is a short gem and a heart stopper
- Surprisingly good use of a mostly flat terrain
- excellent signage
- LOW traffic, had zero waits on a Saturday
Cons: - very little elevation change
- park goers seem to often hang near baskets
- deceptively muddy in some places
- some holes are too close to the road
- No pro shop
- No water fountains (that I saw)
Other Thoughts: A surprisingly good course once you start playing. Not going to be very difficult for the best players, but provides enough challenge to be enjoyable. One of the most beautiful locations I've played in. Grassy fields of flowers are a nice change from the typical dust bowls of my normal experiences on south-west courses.

Overdue in NOLA

2-4    11/21/2010   11/22/2010
Review By: lxdawg25
This review was updated on 10/24/2011
Pros: Okay so I've been really critical of Lafreniere Park mostly because it is shared use and almost impossible to play. This course is a god send to the area. The lay out is creative and thoughtful especially for the space. I love playing this course, and have re found my love for the game with this course around.
Cons: Is it the best course I've ever played on? No. It needs some work and the lack of elevation in the area in general makes it very hard to have really creative course layouts. This is a fun and challenging course though, I've lost a couple discs already to the water, which isn't really a con but beware of gators. There is some other activity in the area but under normal circumstances this mostly for DG. I will also warn be mindful of fire ants the course is covered in mounds so it's better to keep an eye down.
Other Thoughts: Again this is a great course with a great challenge to it. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I find this course to be fun and enjoyable to play. I can't wait to go out more and more.