Tonawanda, NY
Ellicott Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #15 (Taken 7/2011)
Hole #15 White Tee

Great Course Design

5+    8/23/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: C6H12O6
Pros: This is a straightforward course that does not lean advantage to any particular disc golfer. Off the tee, there are many options; hyzer, anyzer...anything. The individuals who designed this course did an excellent job with creating an 18 hole course in the amount of space they had to work with. Quick to play around, and baskets are brand new and awesome!
Cons: The course is very very straightforward and as about exciting as it can possibly be....which is not very exciting at all. Only 3 or 4 holes let you air out a long drive.
Other Thoughts: The park is very crowded on the weekends, especially for Holes 1 and 18

Fun, New Course

1    6/24/2011   6/29/2011
Review By: lucasfnelson
Pros: I am a weekend warrior dg player, and I have been growing increasingly obsessed with the game. But I felt like the immediate areas around Buffalo lacked a decent course for people such as myself. Payne park is way too easy, and I hate having to pay $7 (plus $2 for the toll bridge) to play Beaver Island. Ellicott Creek park is a nice intermediary.

The holes are interesting: I never found myself feeling like I was playing the same hole over and over again. Despite the park being marshy because of some heavy rain, I still managed to get par on many holes. The white tees not only add the distance challenge, but on many holes they also change the line of the course, making it more interesting.

There are a few really memorable holes on the course, especially 16 and 18. The former requires to blind drives, one uphill and the other downhill, and I had a lot of fun--even though I totally needed a spotter.

Lastly, I think the course has a nice balance of open holes and some more heavily wooded holes, which forces you to use a variety of different throws.
Cons: Concrete tees would be nice. When I played the course, many of the tees were under water, so I had to search out a location dry enough to get a good drive from.

Many of the holes are under 300' even from the white tees, which I think is pretty short, even for a noob such as myself.
Other Thoughts: I don't think any of the other reviews mention this, but they have the signs up! This was great because when I played there was no one else on the course. The signs are a great help and they even tell you where the next tee is in relation to the hole.

This course is good for rec players and those who are looking to refine their game. There are definitely more challenging courses in the area, but Ellicott Creek offers some fun holes and is great place to hone in your skills (or to take some potential converts).

It is nice to know that there is a decent course that is close to Buffalo, and is fee free!

Great new course

1    11/14/2010   11/18/2010
Review By: Pyro419
Pros: Great new 18 in Noth tonawanda, very close to the 290 so not too long of a trip from most areas. Very nice, well groomed park, brand new Discraft baskets. beginner friendly and fun for all levels of players. Lots of ace and deuce opportunities out there,Good course to try alot of different throwing styles, because of the variety of throwing lane choices without much danger of disc loss. Very easily navigated, even with tee signs not yet installed.
Cons: Mostly all flat, little to no elevation change.
Other Thoughts: A awesome new addition to Niagara region Disc Golf