Sandpoint, ID
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Share
Uploaded By: SandpointDiscGolf Hole #4
3 / 177ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Not what expected but fun

1    9/3/2012   9/4/2012
Review By: Dadio
Pros: Having read about ski hill courses I was expecting a rougher course. I was pleasantly surprised to find good baskets, mowed fairways and long and short tees for most holes. The tees are dirt but fairly well marked and pretty smooth. 9 holes go around the lower village with a couple holes playing down then up one of the runs. The other 9 play around the top of the summit. Holes on top are shorter so it is possible to play reasonably even when windy, with alt tees for harder shots.
Lift takes you to top for $12 all day, there are refreshments on top and beautiful views of the North Idaho mountains.
Cons: While it was cool to have the 9 on top play around the flat, I really was looking forward to playing down the mountain. The tees, while in good shape, are smaller and lined with bigger rocks limiting run ups. Fairways were mowed and not bad but it doesn't take much of a mistake on some holes to end up in some very rough roughs. We were lucky and didn't lose any discs but found 2. Signs usually on the short tee but not always and lengths are off.
Other Thoughts: We talked to an enthusiastic employee and he told us the the redesign continues, and seeing what he has helped do at The Vandal in Sandpoint I have high hopes for the continued improvements. I really hope that after they get those done they will put another 9 holes in going down the mountain. Worth the trip.

1    8/13/2009   8/17/2009
Review By: The Hammer
Pros: Very tight lines holes, technically challenging, plenty of variety, two holes play under bridges, incredible views.
Cons: Very crude teeboxes, overgrown (I spent 20 min looking for a disc in the "fairway"), lift wasn't running for the front nine.
Other Thoughts: I played on a Thursday and the lift wasn't running so I was unable to play the front nine. The next day the lifts were on but I was mountain biking, not golfing. It is a beutiful place to play but it is obvious that DG isn't a priority for the management. The teeboxes are tough to find and aren't groomed at all. If you're in town it is definately worth playing.