Cultivating Meier Farms
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) I played this course in under 15 minutes . . . it's a good thing because the sun was going down fast!
2) There are a lot of birdie opportunities out here. Sure you have to execute some tight lines but you will be rewarded. This makes the course a lot of fun to be rewarded for a great line.
3) There are 3 really unique holes out here that really make this course worth a visit. Hole #3 is a fun open hole that drops off into the woods with trouble long . . . it is a great hole and tough to execute. #4 is a great downhill hole through a tight fairway that drops dramatically at the very end of the hole. Throw long and risk being in some rough rough. #5 is a great uphill hole under a low limb on a large tree. All three of these holes seemed very unique to me, meaning I do not think I have thrown a hole like it before.
4) DGA signs with Hole #, distance, par, and a map of the holes. These signs are suitable for information on each hole.
5) Excellent use of elevation change on at least 4 or 5 of these 9 holes.
Cons: 1) #1, 8 and 9 baskets are missing. What a shame to have this course destroyed in such a short amount of time.
2) There are some dangerous spots on the course due to proximity to other holes. There may be a lot of brush in between but discs can penetrate this stuff randomly and hit someone. This entire course feels like it is set on about 1 acre so it is tightly crammed together.
3) Lots of punishing bramble and thorny plants . . . I had a putt from 20' I could barely move without being pricked many times by the plants I was surrounded by . . . needless to say I missed the putt.
4) No designated tee, sure there is a sign but there is no way to designate exactly where we are supposed to throw from.
5) The path leading you through the course is really worn in. There is no turf in the wooded areas and the ground is compacted and bare. This would lead to really tough conditions walking on this course when it is wet.
6) This course is not beginner friendly because of the rough and the tight fairways but at least it is short enough you could throw a great recovery shot on just about every hole.
7) Awkwardly short course because the drives are virtually upshots on a few of the holes.
Other Thoughts: This course was a lot of fun and it has some serious potential. It is a shame it has already been bitten by the vandalism bug because it is a great course for the local neighborhood kids. I played it in about 15 minutes which is another huge plus. It's a shame I heard a rumor that this course might just get shut down . . . I know it isn't championship caliber, I know it isn't the most groomed, but it is a lot of fun and a perfect addition to this small neighborhood. I guess the vandalism is the tragedy that will lead to this courses demise . . . what a pity!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.