Crystal Lake, IL
Lippold Park Share
Uploaded By: discgolf12 Hole #17 (Taken 9/2009)

better then i thought it would be

1    10/19/2013   10/19/2013
Review By: booradly
Pros: - decent rubber pads
-nice park
-good signs
-this course uses the woods in the park well
-has a nice variety of shots
most holes make you form a solid line without being painfully hard
-will make you use most of the discs in your bag
Cons: -the pads could be better
-no elevation
-the first few holes were a little to close to the soccer fields in the park
- could of used one or two longer holes
the walking path comes into play on several holes and i had to wait for many walkers to clear the fairway.a buddy of mine also almost hit a walker who came around a bend right into the fairway.
Other Thoughts: this course was a lot of fun i wish this course was closer to my house i would play it a lot more. and i bet it would be a lot more fun if it was played when there were no peewee soccer games going on.

5+    4/4/2013   4/4/2013
Review By: Harry Manback
Pros: -Something for everyone
-Fairly easy
-Confidence booster
-Good variety
Cons: -Almost always muddy/wet
-Bugs get very bad during summer
-Can sometimes get too crowded
Other Thoughts: A nice mix of long holes, open holes, technical holes, and finesse holes. I havent had any problems with people on the path but I can see how that could be a problem. For this being the only 18 hole course in my area I'd say its my favorite and definitely worth visiting.

Fun course with some challenge

1    7/4/2011   7/5/2011
Review By: krc1130
Pros: Course is pretty easy to follow once you find the first tee. There is ample parking since this is part of a massive park complex. There are rubber tees and signs for each hole which include information on where you'll need to go to get to the following hole. Most of the shots are wooded and somewhat challenging, while they tried to make the more open shots a bit longer. It's a short course as a whole, but even some of the shorter shots require skill. There are ample garbage cans, while the course conveniently starts and ends at the parking lot.
Cons: Though there was variety, some of the holes did feel pretty similar. Some of the holes are too short and too open to be at all challenging. The course is in the middle of a busy park and most of the holes have the potential for trail interference. The first hole was difficult to find given the two parking lots and the size of the park. Extremely buggy course, but ample amounts of bug spray were helpful.
Other Thoughts: When playing at Lippold, be sure to park in the lot at the end of the east entrance. The first tee is behind the fence right as you enter and the rest of the course should be very easy to follow. The course was really fun and, since I don't have a bigger arm, was more my speed. I still found the course to be very challenging and a good test of my skills. Many shots require great precision or blind throws, so it's very possible to lose a disc in the woods. Still, my time at Lippold Park was very enjoyable and I would definitely play there again.

1    5/18/2011   5/18/2011
Review By: ElementZ
This review was updated on 11/22/2011
Pros: I thoroughly enjoyed playing the Lippold Park course. I really wish that I would have had time to play another round here.
Lippold has a great mix of shots, from open 'grip-n-rip' holes to super wooded holes that are very short (under 160 feet).
I don't think that Lippold is a beginner course by any means and it definitely made me think about my lines a lot.
Lippold challenged my disc golf game and made me use every disc I had in my bag.
There was abundant parking and the course flowed really well. It was also very clean and the people here were friendly.
In other words, it meets all the criteria I have for a good DG course.
Cons: As a lot of past people have said, some holes at Lippold tend to flood which makes some holes unplayable. I didn't have this problem when I was here, but my friends said that it definitely does happen.
On some of the walks to the next tee, you have to cut through fairways which is a slight pet peeve of mine.
Other Thoughts: In my opinion, Lippold is definitely worth checking out if you're in the area. I had an absolute blast playing here and it was my favorite course out of the 4 I played during my trip.

Also, Lippold Park in general is a great park and has a lot of things to do so you can drop the kids/wife off at mini golf or something if they're not into the sport. :)

Check it out:

Great 18 Hole Course

2-4    6/6/2010   6/9/2010
Review By: chestdisc
This review was updated on 6/17/2010
Pros: Incredibly easy to navigate.
Very close (within 2 miles) to Chains Disc Golf Store.
Open, very little low-lying brush.
Good location (in a large park district athletic complex).
Nice tee boxes.
Accurate signs.
Good distance variation from hole to hole.
Cons: Standing water on 5th hole (basket was surrounded by water).
Very windy (open fields)
Very crowded (had to wait in line to tee off)
Close proximity to soccer fields.
Other Thoughts: Good 18 hole course for the area

Never Seen So Many Soccer Fields Before

2-4    10/19/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: Kola
Pros: Flat, very tight and challenging, very cool to look up and say to yourself "where am I" due to the tall trees everywhere
Cons: a few tight fairways, easy too loose discs

very nice course

6/21/2008   6/23/2008
Review By: NIBSTOOLS
Pros: Challenging mix of open and tight holes. I am beginning to appreciate the rubber tees more and more!
Cons: A few of the woods holes are nearly impossible for lefty's!
Other Thoughts: played during a tournament and they had 4 extra holes setup. Really enjoyed this course. Reminds me alot of Syracuse's Jamesville Beach course

Fun

5/13/2008   5/13/2008
Review By: agentdave
Pros: This is a fun course. I do think it is pretty challenging for most people. I feel it has something different to over at each hole. My review may have no merit if they have changed the course since 2005. I played it often up until 2005-2006.
Cons: Bring bug spray