Crystal Lake, IL
Lippold Park Share
Uploaded By: discgolf12 Hole #4 (Taken 9/2009)

Home course

5+    8/13/2013   8/15/2013
Review By: Jagidlund
Pros: -lots of variety
-course is spread out and does not overlap much
-heavily favors right hand players
-very few open field holes. Trees filter out most of the wind
Cons: -Mosquitos are TERRIBLE this year (2013) even with cutter. they start biting at the hole 3 basket. they need to spray more often.
-a few tees were moved by a few feet when they installed the rubber mats a couple years ago. Some shots are therefor a bit more difficult than they used to be.
Other Thoughts: I've been playing this course since I was in high school 10 years ago. It was where I learned how to play. Some of my best (and worst) games have been played here. If you are in the area, I'd recommend swinging by Lippold for a round or two. Just remember to keep it clean!

Home course

5+    9/29/2012   10/2/2012
Review By: Stankyjahnke
Pros: Great course for anyone I've probably played this course a 1000 times and never get tired of it. The longer holes are pretty wide open and the shorter holes are pretty difficult with alot of trees a difficult angles. This dry summer kept the course really dry and no swampage. People are always friendly except for the soccer people on the weekends that just walk wherever they want on the first two holes like their better than you.
Cons: The wind always seems really strong there on a breezy day. Can be packed on really nice days. Couple holes can get really swampy if it rains alot. SOCCER PEOPLE on the weekend these people don't have brains or care what's going on or that people are trying to play a sport. The people that are on the paths will wait and let you throw so I wouldn't worry about them.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't go there weekend mornings but this course is one of my favorites and made me love the sport. Variety of holes u gotta rip it a couple times and navigate through a wooden hole the next.

Fun

1    6/8/2012   6/10/2012
Review By: Marcus0613
Pros: Love this course!!! Played here for the first time the other day and on hole 4 got m first hole in one so this course will always be my fav. The parkis huge and the people here are friendly. Great all around experience.
Cons: Can be a little crowded.

Perfect Challenge for Intermediate Players

2-4    6/18/2011   6/18/2011
Review By: Jashwa
This review was updated on 7/15/2011
Pros: *Has several tough but manageable lines to hit
*Has great range in distance. Several short holes under 200 ft that are pretty difficult due to the lines given, but also several holes over 340 ft.
*No hole on this course is an easy two, even for experienced players. You have to earn your birdies, which makes a great throw extremely rewarding
*Well maintained, very nice park.
*Turns out, it's right next to a disc golf pro shop, which was a fun way to end the outing!

Cons: *Had I not been with a friend who'd previously played the course, I would have had a hard time finding a few of the teepads.
*Mosquitoes
*Potential for lost discs
Other Thoughts: I played this course once, enjoyed it, then played it again two weeks later and decided I just had to add it to my favorites. It's challenging but also very accessible to all players. The majority of the holes are only lightly wooded, but there is a stretch of a few holes in the middle of the round that is heavily wooded, which makes for a fun variety of disc golf. I live about half an hour away from the park and am seriously debating making Lippold my "home course" despite the fact that I have three courses closer to my house.

Great 18

1    9/17/2010   9/17/2010
Review By: everfr3shh
Pros: - Makes use of the land
- A lot of short holes challenging your accuracy
- 2 longer holes add to the variety of the layout
- ALOT of ace run holes, always fun to empty your bag if you're in the mood.
- I go about 5-6 times a week and am rarely waiting.
Cons: - Soccer fields border the first 2 holes
- Dog park on hole 18, watch out for the pups
- Course runs along a bike path with some sharp corners, watch out for walkers/riders.
Other Thoughts: Fun course, to me it's worth the drive out if your within 15 minutes away.