Georgetown, IN
Seviren Lang DGC Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #11 (Taken 5/2012)

Awesome Course

2-4    5/11/2014   5/13/2014
Review By: Joel138
Pros: Challenging course. A great mix of hole locations and different types of shots needed. Very well kept up course and a lot of fun to play.
Cons: Placement is huge! As an Am 3 player I wish I had a forehand shot. Would have lowered my score. Not much negative other then to say it's a tough course. Don't expect a record low.

Watch out for ticks in some of the rough, our group had about 10 ticks between 3 people from the woods on hole 10.
Other Thoughts: Holes that I loved...
1 - short but fun hole that required a nice mid range shot.
8 - Not easy, but a fun well place pin spot makes an interesting hole.
10 - An easy hole, the only one I birdied twice in the tournament :)

This is a great course, tough but a blast to play. As a disc golfer this had to be one of my top 20 course I have ever played.

Gem in Georgetown

2-4    5/3/2014   5/4/2014
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: Seviren Lang is a very nice park in a residential area. You can be at the course in less than 5 minutes from the exit at I-64. There was plenty of parking and a nice practice area and basket near the parking lot. Just looking at the baskets as we were driving in to the park, I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw.. that soon changed.

The course has very nice concrete tee pads that had very good grip.

Most of the holes have places to sit and trash cans are available.

The Mach 5 baskets were all in good shape and the areas around the baskets was well groomed.
The hole signs were top notch. They gave a very accurate yardage of the hole and the different basket placement. Each sign does have a marker to tell you if the basket is in "A" or "B". You might want to check just to make sure.
The next tee signs make navigation VERY easy on this course. This was my first time to the course and I had no problems at all.

The course starts in the woods. Holes 1-5 are in what I would call moderately wooded. most of them are very short but require PRECISE shots to make birdies. I needed a straight shot, a large anny/forehand, a big hyzer and a power fade just to play those holes.

The course opens up big time next few holes. Most of the time open means easy. Not here. You will need distance and the ability to work your disc to make birdies. Alot of the open holes have very tricky approaches. (Slopes, Ledges or Fall Offs)

Holes 12-18 would be lightly wooded but are very difficult closing holes.

Some holes that stuck out to me...

Hole #5 - It's an easy hyzer that needs to go about 150 ft out and about 60 feet left. Make the shot and it's and easy duece. Miss the opening and 5 comes into play REALLY quickly.

Hole #6 - Anytime you get to chuck it 1011 ft into the wind, it has to be memorable. There are only a couple of trees that come into play on the entire hole, but they are VERY well placed to catch your approach shots.

Hole 11a- It's an uphill hyzer to an open area. The appoach shot was a 250 ft very tight hyzer to a well tucked basket. You will need to put your drive in the right spot to have any run at the basket.

Hole 13- I have a love/hate for this hole. It seems so simple, but it beat me up both times I played it. We were playing in a right to left cross wind at about 20 mph and it made the tee shot extremely difficult. The hole looks so easy, yet it beat me up pretty good.

Cons: There are a couple of places where you do have to go back across another hole. Just beware and it's not really a problem.
Other Thoughts: This is a course that offers just about everything. When you stand on each of the tees, you can see what needs to be done. There are no real tricks or gimmicks to the holes. I have never played a course that seemed more open, but yet you HAD to work the disc to score well. This course frustrated me like very few have, but I would play it again anytime. You can see the work that has been put into the course. The holes are extremely well thought out and the maint. was top notch. This place is truly a gem.

Best in the region!

2-4    8/4/2013   8/6/2013
Review By: sisyphus
Pros: Seviren Lang is a jewel in the Louisville region, with variety, big D, woods, elevations, and challenges galore to impress disc golfers of all skill levels. It is a competition caliber course from the longs, and the short tees are fun for the mid-level player to really enjoy what they've got here. The locals are friendly and helpful, and even the deer just put on a show, rather than get in your way.

The disc golf course exists as a separate entity within a park that has other features (there was a kid's event going on in the front of the park the last time I played here), but I didn't pay much attention: I look forward to the course so much each time! It has decent sized concrete tee pads, and small flypad tees on many of the holes. I saw two or more tees on 1, 2, & 6 through 18. The signage is great, and next tee signs are plentiful where needed. Logs are used for seating on many holes, and trash and maintenance is excellent. There are even pads at the base of each basket to minimize damage to your discs!

Course flow is well thought out for safety, parking and shelters are abundant, and there are restrooms on site. The alternate tees on holes 9, 10, 11, 13, 16 & 17 make the holes completely different. You will use every shot in your bag, but you are not overly likely to lose a disc at Seviren Lang because of the upkeep, and you only come near a creek bed a couple of times. In all, there are too many positives to list: great course!
Cons: There aren't a whole lot of negatives, unless you really would prefer a water hazard, or want 10,000 feet of throws or something. Maybe the fact that you do a little loop for holes 7 & 8 gets to some folks? My only negative is that this one isn't in my home town…
Other Thoughts: Played here twice now (longs and shorts), and loved the course both times. If you're traveling near here, I highly recommend a round!

Lang 1

5+    6/20/2013   8/1/2013
Review By: charliec
Pros: Great course with wide open fairways with some technical shots. It also flows very well.
Cons: There really aren't to many bad things about this course. That being said, I wish it was in my back yard... its far from home for me
Other Thoughts: If you are in the area it only makes sense to stop here and give it a try. You won't be sorry that you did!

Really, one of the best.

1    6/5/2013   6/6/2013
Review By: jobwilson
Pros: First off, I'm going to talk about the aesthetics.
+Maybe this was just because of a fresh cut, but the course looked amazing. The grass was just mowed, trees were trimmed, rough was trimmed back.
+Bridges have been put in key locations. When I got into the woods, the fairways were very clean, free of debris.
+The tee signs are amazing. Adam Embrey is the course co-designer and also did the graphics. They really look phenomenal. They show a very accurate representation of the hole layout as well as distances, pars, etc.
+Speaking of the tee signs, I noticed that many (if not all, I wasn't planning on reviewing the course so I was not paying attention to every detail) had buckets for trash attached to the pole. It's a subtle touch that can really go a long way.
+DGA Mach V's. Great baskets. Enough said.
+Course has concrete tee pads for all the long pads and rubber mats for the shorter, alternate pads.
+I saw water fountains, but I did not use them. I am assuming they work since they appeared to be clean and in good shape.
+There is a nice course information sign as you come into the park (this will also be addressed in the cons, but a negligible con).
+Red signs point you to the next hole. Navigation on this course is so easy already, these just make it that much better.

Okay, now the layout.
+As I stated earlier, the course has everything. As far as championship caliber courses go, this is as good as it gets. It's a very challenging course that is also very fun. I'd say outside of Flyboy, this is the most fun I have had on a championship course. I'm not going to get into the specifics of each hole, but believe me, it has everything. Seviren Lang will really test a player's complete skill set.
Here are a few holes that really stand out to me:
+Hole 2 is a short par 4 in the woods that doglegs right after about 200'. If you get to the dogleg, a well placed touch shot will put you in position for a birdie 3. The basket is well guarded by guardian trees, so finesse and accuracy are crucial.
+Hole 6 is a 1011' par 5. The hole plays along a right-to-left downward slope the entire length. At the bottom of the hill is heavy rough and out of bounds. A well placed set of trees at the 800' point puts an emphasis on late accuracy.
+Hole 9 is a tough par 3. You tee off at the top of a hill through a tight tunnel. At the bottom of the hill, the fairway takes a 45 degree turn to the right with the basket being in the tree line with an OB creek behind.
+Hole 12 is a 300+ TIGHT downhill tunnel shot with the basket placed across a ditch at the bottom. Guardian trees near the basket and OB all over the place make this hole a very tough 2.
+Hole 16 is a par 4 that requires accuracy and placement if you want to score well. A tight right side forces you to work hard to place a shot that you want to finish in the middle right. If you pull off a great drive, your upshot will want to split an opening in a line of cedar trees. You hit that gap, and you have a chance at a birdie 3.
Cons: No course is perfect, so here are a few cons.
-The flow in a few spots is a little weird.
-To get to hole 1's tee area, you have to cross the fairway of hole 18.
-After you finish hole 8, you have to double back between holes 6 & 7 to get to hole 9's tee pad.
-On hole 11, you have to double back across the fairway to get to hole 12.
-Another small con was the fact that the course information sign is located between holes 9 & 10. The numbers have been changed since the course was originally designed, what is now hole 10 used to be hole 1. It's really not a big deal; just a little weird.

I guess there aren't benches everywhere? Not a big deal, but it may be to some people.
Other Thoughts: That's my review of Seviren Lang. This course is awesome. If you are remotely in the area, make a point to play it.

I played this course on 6/5/2013. I had played it before they changed the hole numbers. I'm not sure why I hadn't realized how great of a course this was before.

I definitely put it in the top 10% of courses I have played, maybe in the top 5. It has everything. Ace Runs, a 1000' par 5, tight woods, long open shots, hyzers, anhyzers, great placement holes.

On a side note, I was playing well until I got to hole 10. After that, my feelings were really hurt.

Great job Adam & Martin for designing such a stellar course.

A Southern Indiana GEM!!

1    2/15/2013   2/15/2013
Review By: E-RocBass
Pros: First of all, let me apologize, as this is my first review. That being said, this course was the first I felt worthy of breaking the ice for me.
>First pro was the perfect mixture of holes. Shorts, longs, open, wooded, rights, lefts, straights etc.
>course is very beginner friendly, yet is very technical.
>good shots are rewarded, yet poor shots are able to be recovered from.
>works every aspect of your game.
> great signage, with arrows to the following tee pad.
>easily accessible from the highway
Cons: >tee sign missing on hole 4
> tee sign reversed/ incorrect on hole that plays up nearest the houses. shows road on left, road is on right shows hole to right hole is to left etc.
> tee pads short on some holes
>one bridge was unstable and planks space out too far
Other Thoughts: I met Adam ( course designer) at our local course in Evansville. He talked to my buddy and I for a while before asking us if we had played this course. Great guy, very friendly, and he designed one heck of a course!

By far BEST course in Louisville area

5+    7/1/2012   7/12/2012
Review By: Atvizory2000
This review was updated on 2/2/2014
Pros: This course is awesome! The upkeep on the course is the best ive seen in the Louisville area. The grass is always cut. Rarely, if ever, see trash on this course.

Playing here allows you to use about every shot in your bag. From tight wooded holes to the grip it and rip it long holes, this course has all. I really enjoy courses that have par 4's and 5's and the ones here, in my opinion, would be the signature holes of the course.

This course seems to never be packed. Even on a weekend you rarely have to wait for groups ahead of you. Which seems strange since other courses in Louisville are jammed packed on the weekends and nearly not as impressive.
Cons: There arent many drastic elevation changes, but get the best out of the land.

No major water features on this course. A few creeks come into play but are mostly dried up or standing water. Except for #9 which has running water surrounding the fairway and the basket.

The rough here is ROUGH. Wild blackberry bushes are everywhere and your legs will get tore up by thorns.

Other Thoughts: Not sure about the new layout yet. Old holes 1-9 are now 10-18. Dont like having to walk through #18 to get to #1, but the course does play better with the new layout.

Only thing from not giving this course a 5 in the lack of a pond or lake. Other then that, its a great course you have to play if your in the Louisville area.

Seviren is a beauty just across the river from Louisville

5+    6/28/2012   6/28/2012
Review By: martinyoung
Pros: Seviren Lang is a product of multiple revisions, tinkering, and love.

The New Albany/Floyd County parks department has done a fantastic job helping with upkeep around the park and every week when the course gets mowed it rivals the best looking courses anywhere in the country.

The course offers a great shot selection, big open holes, narrow fairways, elevation changes, placement shots, tricky pin placements, and more.

This course is the largest course in the greater Louisville area. One par 5, and five par 4s, and as for the rest of the coures there are no gimme 3's.

Now that the majority of the course layout is set, the course is going through numerous improvements and added amenities. The addition of benches for nearly every hole, landscaping and improved basket placements, erosion control efforts, and improved signage are all ongoing projects.

If you want to work on any aspect of your game this course offers holes for you to do just that. Big bombs, finesse distance, rollers - you got it. Flippy hyzer midranges, touch flicks, overhand shots, its there. Need to just focus on putting uphill, downhill, wind - you will find that this course offers challenges hole after hole.
Cons: Im biased. Adam and I designed and dreamed up this place. We wanted to provide a proving ground for disc golfers, that offered players aspects of the game no other local course could.

I love Seviren. I spend far too much time thinking about what can be done out there next. I am always open to suggestions - let me know - what you love, what you hate.
Other Thoughts: Seviren Lang will be one of the primary courses used for the US Masters this year. I welcome all of you Master players to Southern Indiana and Louisville. I am psyched for the chance to have players from all over the country come and take on this gem of a course.

Amazingly good

5+    5/21/2012   5/21/2012
Review By: SMcVicker91
Pros: Lots of variety here. You'll have to maneuver through tight woods, rip across huge open fairways, and everything in between.

The park itself is very nice and well kept. It flows together very well, so navigating the course is easy except for one instance (more on that later).

The path to the first few holes are neatly lined with logs and sticks, really cool.

Every tee has a sign w/ distance/par/map of hole. Every hole has nice concrete pads.

There are bathrooms and ample parking.

Many memorable holes here. Hole 6 stands out as it's a 1011ft bombfest. There are some potentially annoying trees as you get close to the basket.

11 is a nice long throw over a bridge into a wide open field, though placement is very important for the second shot as the basket lies further down a wooded path.

14 has a dangerous basket placement on a hill. Hit the cage many times only to see it roll away another 20+ ft.

18 is a worthy final hole with the street along the right side of the fairway and dense woods to the left. It then doglegs sharp to the left and the basket is surrounded by woods.
Cons: Transition between Hole 6 and 7 is confusing. Hole 9 is to the left (which is where I instinctively headed), and Hole 7 is further to the right. First time playing I went straight to hole 9, it didn't occur to me that it might not be the right hole. If I had realized it before I threw, it would have been easy to find 7.

And really that's the only thing I can think of. Not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Like with most courses if you misthrow bad it can be the end of your disc. Some parts in the woods are practically unnavigable, but only on really bad screwups for the most part.

The Best Course in Louisville area

5+    5/29/2011   6/1/2011
Review By: Mike B.
Pros: A great mix holes, elevation changes, wooded holes, tunnels, and open holes. Well marked tees and baskets, Concrete pro tees, and even a course map by hole one.
Cons: Really the only con about this course is the mosquitoes and ticks, which can be extremely thick, and if you don't layer yourself in bug spray you will be eaten alive. My bag was completely covered in mosquitoes instantly after I sat it on the ground, and if you don't wear bug spray you will find hundreds if not thousands of mosquitoes swarming you making it impossible to play. Hole 5's pro tee is still under water, I understand it is getting fixed though.
Other Thoughts: This course is well maintained, difficult to play, yet still open enough that beginners can get the feel for the sport. Beside the bug problem this is what a disc golf course is suppose to be. I have to say after spending a week playing in Georgia the Louisville Disc Golf club does a great job with the local courses, great signs and tees, great courses and great maintenance. I spent two days on a course in Georgia that had two 18 courses side by side and not a single tee marked, most holes didin't even have a sign directing you to the next tee, thanks LDGC for the amazing job you do with the local courses.