Georgetown, IN
Seviren Lang DGC Share
Uploaded By: AdamH Hole #7 (Taken 5/2012)

Best in the region!

2-4    8/4/2013   8/6/2013
Review By: sisyphus
Pros: Seviren Lang is a jewel in the Louisville region, with variety, big D, woods, elevations, and challenges galore to impress disc golfers of all skill levels. It is a competition caliber course from the longs, and the short tees are fun for the mid-level player to really enjoy what they've got here. The locals are friendly and helpful, and even the deer just put on a show, rather than get in your way.

The disc golf course exists as a separate entity within a park that has other features (there was a kid's event going on in the front of the park the last time I played here), but I didn't pay much attention: I look forward to the course so much each time! It has decent sized concrete tee pads, and small flypad tees on many of the holes. I saw two or more tees on 1, 2, & 6 through 18. The signage is great, and next tee signs are plentiful where needed. Logs are used for seating on many holes, and trash and maintenance is excellent. There are even pads at the base of each basket to minimize damage to your discs!

Course flow is well thought out for safety, parking and shelters are abundant, and there are restrooms on site. The alternate tees on holes 9, 10, 11, 13, 16 & 17 make the holes completely different. You will use every shot in your bag, but you are not overly likely to lose a disc at Seviren Lang because of the upkeep, and you only come near a creek bed a couple of times. In all, there are too many positives to list: great course!
Cons: There aren't a whole lot of negatives, unless you really would prefer a water hazard, or want 10,000 feet of throws or something. Maybe the fact that you do a little loop for holes 7 & 8 gets to some folks? My only negative is that this one isn't in my home town…
Other Thoughts: Played here twice now (longs and shorts), and loved the course both times. If you're traveling near here, I highly recommend a round!

Lang 1

5+    6/20/2013   8/1/2013
Review By: charliec
Pros: Great course with wide open fairways with some technical shots. It also flows very well.
Cons: There really aren't to many bad things about this course. That being said, I wish it was in my back yard... its far from home for me
Other Thoughts: If you are in the area it only makes sense to stop here and give it a try. You won't be sorry that you did!

Really, one of the best.

1    6/5/2013   6/6/2013
Review By: jobwilson
Pros: First off, I'm going to talk about the aesthetics.
+Maybe this was just because of a fresh cut, but the course looked amazing. The grass was just mowed, trees were trimmed, rough was trimmed back.
+Bridges have been put in key locations. When I got into the woods, the fairways were very clean, free of debris.
+The tee signs are amazing. Adam Embrey is the course co-designer and also did the graphics. They really look phenomenal. They show a very accurate representation of the hole layout as well as distances, pars, etc.
+Speaking of the tee signs, I noticed that many (if not all, I wasn't planning on reviewing the course so I was not paying attention to every detail) had buckets for trash attached to the pole. It's a subtle touch that can really go a long way.
+DGA Mach V's. Great baskets. Enough said.
+Course has concrete tee pads for all the long pads and rubber mats for the shorter, alternate pads.
+I saw water fountains, but I did not use them. I am assuming they work since they appeared to be clean and in good shape.
+There is a nice course information sign as you come into the park (this will also be addressed in the cons, but a negligible con).
+Red signs point you to the next hole. Navigation on this course is so easy already, these just make it that much better.

Okay, now the layout.
+As I stated earlier, the course has everything. As far as championship caliber courses go, this is as good as it gets. It's a very challenging course that is also very fun. I'd say outside of Flyboy, this is the most fun I have had on a championship course. I'm not going to get into the specifics of each hole, but believe me, it has everything. Seviren Lang will really test a player's complete skill set.
Here are a few holes that really stand out to me:
+Hole 2 is a short par 4 in the woods that doglegs right after about 200'. If you get to the dogleg, a well placed touch shot will put you in position for a birdie 3. The basket is well guarded by guardian trees, so finesse and accuracy are crucial.
+Hole 6 is a 1011' par 5. The hole plays along a right-to-left downward slope the entire length. At the bottom of the hill is heavy rough and out of bounds. A well placed set of trees at the 800' point puts an emphasis on late accuracy.
+Hole 9 is a tough par 3. You tee off at the top of a hill through a tight tunnel. At the bottom of the hill, the fairway takes a 45 degree turn to the right with the basket being in the tree line with an OB creek behind.
+Hole 12 is a 300+ TIGHT downhill tunnel shot with the basket placed across a ditch at the bottom. Guardian trees near the basket and OB all over the place make this hole a very tough 2.
+Hole 16 is a par 4 that requires accuracy and placement if you want to score well. A tight right side forces you to work hard to place a shot that you want to finish in the middle right. If you pull off a great drive, your upshot will want to split an opening in a line of cedar trees. You hit that gap, and you have a chance at a birdie 3.
Cons: No course is perfect, so here are a few cons.
-The flow in a few spots is a little weird.
-To get to hole 1's tee area, you have to cross the fairway of hole 18.
-After you finish hole 8, you have to double back between holes 6 & 7 to get to hole 9's tee pad.
-On hole 11, you have to double back across the fairway to get to hole 12.
-Another small con was the fact that the course information sign is located between holes 9 & 10. The numbers have been changed since the course was originally designed, what is now hole 10 used to be hole 1. It's really not a big deal; just a little weird.

I guess there aren't benches everywhere? Not a big deal, but it may be to some people.
Other Thoughts: That's my review of Seviren Lang. This course is awesome. If you are remotely in the area, make a point to play it.

I played this course on 6/5/2013. I had played it before they changed the hole numbers. I'm not sure why I hadn't realized how great of a course this was before.

I definitely put it in the top 10% of courses I have played, maybe in the top 5. It has everything. Ace Runs, a 1000' par 5, tight woods, long open shots, hyzers, anhyzers, great placement holes.

On a side note, I was playing well until I got to hole 10. After that, my feelings were really hurt.

Great job Adam & Martin for designing such a stellar course.

A Southern Indiana GEM!!

1    2/15/2013   2/15/2013
Review By: E-RocBass
Pros: First of all, let me apologize, as this is my first review. That being said, this course was the first I felt worthy of breaking the ice for me.
>First pro was the perfect mixture of holes. Shorts, longs, open, wooded, rights, lefts, straights etc.
>course is very beginner friendly, yet is very technical.
>good shots are rewarded, yet poor shots are able to be recovered from.
>works every aspect of your game.
> great signage, with arrows to the following tee pad.
>easily accessible from the highway
Cons: >tee sign missing on hole 4
> tee sign reversed/ incorrect on hole that plays up nearest the houses. shows road on left, road is on right shows hole to right hole is to left etc.
> tee pads short on some holes
>one bridge was unstable and planks space out too far
Other Thoughts: I met Adam ( course designer) at our local course in Evansville. He talked to my buddy and I for a while before asking us if we had played this course. Great guy, very friendly, and he designed one heck of a course!

By far BEST course in Louisville area

5+    7/1/2012   7/12/2012
Review By: Atvizory2000
This review was updated on 2/2/2014
Pros: This course is awesome! The upkeep on the course is the best ive seen in the Louisville area. The grass is always cut. Rarely, if ever, see trash on this course.

Playing here allows you to use about every shot in your bag. From tight wooded holes to the grip it and rip it long holes, this course has all. I really enjoy courses that have par 4's and 5's and the ones here, in my opinion, would be the signature holes of the course.

This course seems to never be packed. Even on a weekend you rarely have to wait for groups ahead of you. Which seems strange since other courses in Louisville are jammed packed on the weekends and nearly not as impressive.
Cons: There arent many drastic elevation changes, but get the best out of the land.

No major water features on this course. A few creeks come into play but are mostly dried up or standing water. Except for #9 which has running water surrounding the fairway and the basket.

The rough here is ROUGH. Wild blackberry bushes are everywhere and your legs will get tore up by thorns.

Other Thoughts: Not sure about the new layout yet. Old holes 1-9 are now 10-18. Dont like having to walk through #18 to get to #1, but the course does play better with the new layout.

Only thing from not giving this course a 5 in the lack of a pond or lake. Other then that, its a great course you have to play if your in the Louisville area.

Seviren is a beauty just across the river from Louisville

5+    6/28/2012   6/28/2012
Review By: martinyoung
Pros: Seviren Lang is a product of multiple revisions, tinkering, and love.

The New Albany/Floyd County parks department has done a fantastic job helping with upkeep around the park and every week when the course gets mowed it rivals the best looking courses anywhere in the country.

The course offers a great shot selection, big open holes, narrow fairways, elevation changes, placement shots, tricky pin placements, and more.

This course is the largest course in the greater Louisville area. One par 5, and five par 4s, and as for the rest of the coures there are no gimme 3's.

Now that the majority of the course layout is set, the course is going through numerous improvements and added amenities. The addition of benches for nearly every hole, landscaping and improved basket placements, erosion control efforts, and improved signage are all ongoing projects.

If you want to work on any aspect of your game this course offers holes for you to do just that. Big bombs, finesse distance, rollers - you got it. Flippy hyzer midranges, touch flicks, overhand shots, its there. Need to just focus on putting uphill, downhill, wind - you will find that this course offers challenges hole after hole.
Cons: Im biased. Adam and I designed and dreamed up this place. We wanted to provide a proving ground for disc golfers, that offered players aspects of the game no other local course could.

I love Seviren. I spend far too much time thinking about what can be done out there next. I am always open to suggestions - let me know - what you love, what you hate.
Other Thoughts: Seviren Lang will be one of the primary courses used for the US Masters this year. I welcome all of you Master players to Southern Indiana and Louisville. I am psyched for the chance to have players from all over the country come and take on this gem of a course.

Amazingly good

5+    5/21/2012   5/21/2012
Review By: SMcVicker91
Pros: Lots of variety here. You'll have to maneuver through tight woods, rip across huge open fairways, and everything in between.

The park itself is very nice and well kept. It flows together very well, so navigating the course is easy except for one instance (more on that later).

The path to the first few holes are neatly lined with logs and sticks, really cool.

Every tee has a sign w/ distance/par/map of hole. Every hole has nice concrete pads.

There are bathrooms and ample parking.

Many memorable holes here. Hole 6 stands out as it's a 1011ft bombfest. There are some potentially annoying trees as you get close to the basket.

11 is a nice long throw over a bridge into a wide open field, though placement is very important for the second shot as the basket lies further down a wooded path.

14 has a dangerous basket placement on a hill. Hit the cage many times only to see it roll away another 20+ ft.

18 is a worthy final hole with the street along the right side of the fairway and dense woods to the left. It then doglegs sharp to the left and the basket is surrounded by woods.
Cons: Transition between Hole 6 and 7 is confusing. Hole 9 is to the left (which is where I instinctively headed), and Hole 7 is further to the right. First time playing I went straight to hole 9, it didn't occur to me that it might not be the right hole. If I had realized it before I threw, it would have been easy to find 7.

And really that's the only thing I can think of. Not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Like with most courses if you misthrow bad it can be the end of your disc. Some parts in the woods are practically unnavigable, but only on really bad screwups for the most part.

The Best Course in Louisville area

5+    5/29/2011   6/1/2011
Review By: Mike B.
Pros: A great mix holes, elevation changes, wooded holes, tunnels, and open holes. Well marked tees and baskets, Concrete pro tees, and even a course map by hole one.
Cons: Really the only con about this course is the mosquitoes and ticks, which can be extremely thick, and if you don't layer yourself in bug spray you will be eaten alive. My bag was completely covered in mosquitoes instantly after I sat it on the ground, and if you don't wear bug spray you will find hundreds if not thousands of mosquitoes swarming you making it impossible to play. Hole 5's pro tee is still under water, I understand it is getting fixed though.
Other Thoughts: This course is well maintained, difficult to play, yet still open enough that beginners can get the feel for the sport. Beside the bug problem this is what a disc golf course is suppose to be. I have to say after spending a week playing in Georgia the Louisville Disc Golf club does a great job with the local courses, great signs and tees, great courses and great maintenance. I spent two days on a course in Georgia that had two 18 courses side by side and not a single tee marked, most holes didin't even have a sign directing you to the next tee, thanks LDGC for the amazing job you do with the local courses.

Possibly the best????

5+    5/30/2011   5/30/2011
Review By: thebeast175
Pros: I need to go ahead and get my opinion out of the way.... this is the best course in the Louisville area. Now, let's review :)

The pro pads are concrete with excellent signage. So far this year the grass has stayed mowed and the fairways have stayed clear (not bad for a free course). The parks department has done a great job with the park and it always looks immaculate. There are bridges that pass over the water/muddy areas and anytime work needs to be done to pads/fairways, it gets done quickly. The layout of the course circles the entire park and takes full advantage of everything the property has to offer. There is a great mix of shots and no hole is a gimme. My favorite thing about this course is that all the holes play and feel like golf holes and not just novelty holes.
Cons: There are a few things that I think need to be worked out with this course that really don't effect the overall presentation of the course itself.
First, the Am/Womens pads are still rubber and in my opinion are placed in such a way that they do not help to level out the playing field at all and in some cases they can actually make the hole harder. As many people already know hole 5's pad has sunk into the depths of the creek. I know this will be fixed when it dries out but I still need to mention it. Because of the removal of the brush, hole 12 can be a mud pit after a good rain. Not sure that this can be fixed.
Mosquitoes!!! (and ticks) Bring the OFF!
Once the lake drains this problem will not be so bad.
Other Thoughts: The course is long but time will fly by when you play here. I have had many multiple game days at this course and I can't get enough of it. This course has tons of personality and every hole can make or brake your round. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I do. Good job to the designers/creators.

Challinging yet fun

5+    4/1/2011   4/22/2011
Review By: TallGrass
Pros: Great course! You can air it out on several holes and the woods provide a technical balance.
Cons: Some holes are too open which is a liabiltiy for ams (vs. pros).
Other Thoughts: This course is a lot of fun with a variety of rbh, turnover, sidearm, and elevation change shots. This course has it all!