Georgetown, IN
Seviren Lang DGC Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #17 (Taken 5/2012)
Hole #17 Mid-Fairway

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Awesome Course

2-4    5/11/2014   5/13/2014
Review By: Joel138
Pros: Challenging course. A great mix of hole locations and different types of shots needed. Very well kept up course and a lot of fun to play.
Cons: Placement is huge! As an Am 3 player I wish I had a forehand shot. Would have lowered my score. Not much negative other then to say it's a tough course. Don't expect a record low.

Watch out for ticks in some of the rough, our group had about 10 ticks between 3 people from the woods on hole 10.
Other Thoughts: Holes that I loved...
1 - short but fun hole that required a nice mid range shot.
8 - Not easy, but a fun well place pin spot makes an interesting hole.
10 - An easy hole, the only one I birdied twice in the tournament :)

This is a great course, tough but a blast to play. As a disc golfer this had to be one of my top 20 course I have ever played.

Gem in Georgetown

2-4    5/3/2014   5/4/2014
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: Seviren Lang is a very nice park in a residential area. You can be at the course in less than 5 minutes from the exit at I-64. There was plenty of parking and a nice practice area and basket near the parking lot. Just looking at the baskets as we were driving in to the park, I wasn't all that impressed with what I saw.. that soon changed.

The course has very nice concrete tee pads that had very good grip.

Most of the holes have places to sit and trash cans are available.

The Mach 5 baskets were all in good shape and the areas around the baskets was well groomed.
The hole signs were top notch. They gave a very accurate yardage of the hole and the different basket placement. Each sign does have a marker to tell you if the basket is in "A" or "B". You might want to check just to make sure.
The next tee signs make navigation VERY easy on this course. This was my first time to the course and I had no problems at all.

The course starts in the woods. Holes 1-5 are in what I would call moderately wooded. most of them are very short but require PRECISE shots to make birdies. I needed a straight shot, a large anny/forehand, a big hyzer and a power fade just to play those holes.

The course opens up big time next few holes. Most of the time open means easy. Not here. You will need distance and the ability to work your disc to make birdies. Alot of the open holes have very tricky approaches. (Slopes, Ledges or Fall Offs)

Holes 12-18 would be lightly wooded but are very difficult closing holes.

Some holes that stuck out to me...

Hole #5 - It's an easy hyzer that needs to go about 150 ft out and about 60 feet left. Make the shot and it's and easy duece. Miss the opening and 5 comes into play REALLY quickly.

Hole #6 - Anytime you get to chuck it 1011 ft into the wind, it has to be memorable. There are only a couple of trees that come into play on the entire hole, but they are VERY well placed to catch your approach shots.

Hole 11a- It's an uphill hyzer to an open area. The appoach shot was a 250 ft very tight hyzer to a well tucked basket. You will need to put your drive in the right spot to have any run at the basket.

Hole 13- I have a love/hate for this hole. It seems so simple, but it beat me up both times I played it. We were playing in a right to left cross wind at about 20 mph and it made the tee shot extremely difficult. The hole looks so easy, yet it beat me up pretty good.

Cons: There are a couple of places where you do have to go back across another hole. Just beware and it's not really a problem.
Other Thoughts: This is a course that offers just about everything. When you stand on each of the tees, you can see what needs to be done. There are no real tricks or gimmicks to the holes. I have never played a course that seemed more open, but yet you HAD to work the disc to score well. This course frustrated me like very few have, but I would play it again anytime. You can see the work that has been put into the course. The holes are extremely well thought out and the maint. was top notch. This place is truly a gem.

The best

5+    4/10/2014   4/10/2014
Review By: connorfinn4
Pros: Great course for the pro level. Big variety of all different kinds of shots. It has open holes and wooded holes. This course tests your Acuracy as well as your distance.
Cons: It is fun and great to compete on for the ams. Not the best course for beginners and players who can't throw as far.
Other Thoughts: I have played many courses throughout the country and this is defffentily in my favorites. Not only is the course challenging and fun to play on but it is also a really beautiful course.

Very Solid, Very Clean, Very Balanced

1    9/28/2013   10/5/2013
Review By: BigAl724
Pros: Seviren Lang is set in a nice residential area that has plenty of parking space, a restroom, and a practice basket near the first tee. While the park does have multiple pavilions and playgrounds, it feels that the course is the main attraction. The park is very clean and well manicured, and there are trash cans throughout the course. There are multiple bridges and even a set of stairs to make your walking a little more comfortable.

The signage is superb here, with arrows pointing you in the right direction on multiple occasions. The navigation flows well and you can get along fine without using a map. There is just one part that can be a little confusing (see cons). The tee signs are fantastic and tell you pars, hole lengths, the pin position, and point you to the next tee. The concrete tees and Mach 5 baskets are in good shape.

This is a very balanced and technical course with a well thought-out layout. True par 4's and a par 5! It starts out with some tight shots in the woods, opens up more for the middle holes, and ends with semi-open, technical holes. A great variation of hole distances are present (ranging from 200-1,000 feet) and the little elevation that the park has is used to its maximum potential. The pin positions are very well thought out and add a challenge being behind a set of trees (1,2, 7, and 17), on a slope (8, 13, 14, and 15), and through a tight window (5, 11, 16, 18). These help make some of the more straight-forward holes more exciting. There is also a great mix a hyzer, anhyzer, and straight tunnel-shots, as well as multiple holes that require a hyzer, then anhyzer or vice versa (11, 13, 16, and 18). These long technical holes are what make this course special.
Cons: -While there are multiple tees for each hole, the am. tees are very short and sometimes hard to spot. The pro tees - while in great shape - are too short in my opinion as well.
-Going from 6-7 can be a little confusing, as 9's tee is near 6's basket. I mistakenly walked to 9 first before realizing 7 was to the right not to the left like 9.
-There are multiple simple, straight-forward holes. You may argue that that's what gives this course such great balance, and I would tend to agree with that approach. Because this course is so technical, it needs a few holes that do give you some room for error. However, there are a few holes too many that are open or some that I would even call boring, when comparing to the rest of the course's standard.
Other Thoughts: It is hard to give a course with so little cons "only" a 4 rating. This course is so solid and super clean. Much attention to detail has been given by way of navigation and pin placement. However, as I said, about 1/3 of the holes significantly don't match up to the rest of the course's standard. I loved the wooded holes at the beginning, and the long, technical holes that played through patches of trees. There are simply too many filler holes here though, holes that don't have a lot of character. Holes like 6-10 and 14 are pretty basic, but I do believe the designers use them to their maximum potential. Just a little bit of drop off. My favorite holes here were:

1 - Very tight, straight shot in the woods with a challenging pin position behind trees
2 - Pretty similar as 1, but with a pretty sharp anhyzer
11 - This sets the tone for the rest of the course. Throw a hyzer through a tight window (don't want to get in the rough here) and then a gradual uphill shot to the basket, which is in a tight spot within trees.
13 - Extreme anny then you have to throw through patches of trees to a basket on top of the slope. One of the great anhyzer then hyzer holes on the course.
15 - My favorite of the many tunnel shots in this course, because of the steep slopes on both sides and it's visual striking appearance.

Best in the region!

2-4    8/4/2013   8/6/2013
Review By: sisyphus
Pros: Seviren Lang is a jewel in the Louisville region, with variety, big D, woods, elevations, and challenges galore to impress disc golfers of all skill levels. It is a competition caliber course from the longs, and the short tees are fun for the mid-level player to really enjoy what they've got here. The locals are friendly and helpful, and even the deer just put on a show, rather than get in your way.

The disc golf course exists as a separate entity within a park that has other features (there was a kid's event going on in the front of the park the last time I played here), but I didn't pay much attention: I look forward to the course so much each time! It has decent sized concrete tee pads, and small flypad tees on many of the holes. I saw two or more tees on 1, 2, & 6 through 18. The signage is great, and next tee signs are plentiful where needed. Logs are used for seating on many holes, and trash and maintenance is excellent. There are even pads at the base of each basket to minimize damage to your discs!

Course flow is well thought out for safety, parking and shelters are abundant, and there are restrooms on site. The alternate tees on holes 9, 10, 11, 13, 16 & 17 make the holes completely different. You will use every shot in your bag, but you are not overly likely to lose a disc at Seviren Lang because of the upkeep, and you only come near a creek bed a couple of times. In all, there are too many positives to list: great course!
Cons: There aren't a whole lot of negatives, unless you really would prefer a water hazard, or want 10,000 feet of throws or something. Maybe the fact that you do a little loop for holes 7 & 8 gets to some folks? My only negative is that this one isn't in my home town…
Other Thoughts: Played here twice now (longs and shorts), and loved the course both times. If you're traveling near here, I highly recommend a round!

Lang 1

5+    6/20/2013   8/1/2013
Review By: charliec
Pros: Great course with wide open fairways with some technical shots. It also flows very well.
Cons: There really aren't to many bad things about this course. That being said, I wish it was in my back yard... its far from home for me
Other Thoughts: If you are in the area it only makes sense to stop here and give it a try. You won't be sorry that you did!

Really, one of the best.

1    6/5/2013   6/6/2013
Review By: jobwilson
Pros: First off, I'm going to talk about the aesthetics.
+Maybe this was just because of a fresh cut, but the course looked amazing. The grass was just mowed, trees were trimmed, rough was trimmed back.
+Bridges have been put in key locations. When I got into the woods, the fairways were very clean, free of debris.
+The tee signs are amazing. Adam Embrey is the course co-designer and also did the graphics. They really look phenomenal. They show a very accurate representation of the hole layout as well as distances, pars, etc.
+Speaking of the tee signs, I noticed that many (if not all, I wasn't planning on reviewing the course so I was not paying attention to every detail) had buckets for trash attached to the pole. It's a subtle touch that can really go a long way.
+DGA Mach V's. Great baskets. Enough said.
+Course has concrete tee pads for all the long pads and rubber mats for the shorter, alternate pads.
+I saw water fountains, but I did not use them. I am assuming they work since they appeared to be clean and in good shape.
+There is a nice course information sign as you come into the park (this will also be addressed in the cons, but a negligible con).
+Red signs point you to the next hole. Navigation on this course is so easy already, these just make it that much better.

Okay, now the layout.
+As I stated earlier, the course has everything. As far as championship caliber courses go, this is as good as it gets. It's a very challenging course that is also very fun. I'd say outside of Flyboy, this is the most fun I have had on a championship course. I'm not going to get into the specifics of each hole, but believe me, it has everything. Seviren Lang will really test a player's complete skill set.
Here are a few holes that really stand out to me:
+Hole 2 is a short par 4 in the woods that doglegs right after about 200'. If you get to the dogleg, a well placed touch shot will put you in position for a birdie 3. The basket is well guarded by guardian trees, so finesse and accuracy are crucial.
+Hole 6 is a 1011' par 5. The hole plays along a right-to-left downward slope the entire length. At the bottom of the hill is heavy rough and out of bounds. A well placed set of trees at the 800' point puts an emphasis on late accuracy.
+Hole 9 is a tough par 3. You tee off at the top of a hill through a tight tunnel. At the bottom of the hill, the fairway takes a 45 degree turn to the right with the basket being in the tree line with an OB creek behind.
+Hole 12 is a 300+ TIGHT downhill tunnel shot with the basket placed across a ditch at the bottom. Guardian trees near the basket and OB all over the place make this hole a very tough 2.
+Hole 16 is a par 4 that requires accuracy and placement if you want to score well. A tight right side forces you to work hard to place a shot that you want to finish in the middle right. If you pull off a great drive, your upshot will want to split an opening in a line of cedar trees. You hit that gap, and you have a chance at a birdie 3.
Cons: No course is perfect, so here are a few cons.
-The flow in a few spots is a little weird.
-To get to hole 1's tee area, you have to cross the fairway of hole 18.
-After you finish hole 8, you have to double back between holes 6 & 7 to get to hole 9's tee pad.
-On hole 11, you have to double back across the fairway to get to hole 12.
-Another small con was the fact that the course information sign is located between holes 9 & 10. The numbers have been changed since the course was originally designed, what is now hole 10 used to be hole 1. It's really not a big deal; just a little weird.

I guess there aren't benches everywhere? Not a big deal, but it may be to some people.
Other Thoughts: That's my review of Seviren Lang. This course is awesome. If you are remotely in the area, make a point to play it.

I played this course on 6/5/2013. I had played it before they changed the hole numbers. I'm not sure why I hadn't realized how great of a course this was before.

I definitely put it in the top 10% of courses I have played, maybe in the top 5. It has everything. Ace Runs, a 1000' par 5, tight woods, long open shots, hyzers, anhyzers, great placement holes.

On a side note, I was playing well until I got to hole 10. After that, my feelings were really hurt.

Great job Adam & Martin for designing such a stellar course.

I'm Lovin It

5+    2/8/2013   3/22/2013
Review By: Will Burke
Pros: Nice park with a great course.
Tons of fun with the forced line shaping and challenge added to this course.
Cons: Almost a great course just seems like a few too many filler holes.
Other Thoughts: Really enjoy playing this course and the challenges such as distance and placement golf that the design forces out of you.

A Southern Indiana GEM!!

1    2/15/2013   2/15/2013
Review By: E-RocBass
Pros: First of all, let me apologize, as this is my first review. That being said, this course was the first I felt worthy of breaking the ice for me.
>First pro was the perfect mixture of holes. Shorts, longs, open, wooded, rights, lefts, straights etc.
>course is very beginner friendly, yet is very technical.
>good shots are rewarded, yet poor shots are able to be recovered from.
>works every aspect of your game.
> great signage, with arrows to the following tee pad.
>easily accessible from the highway
Cons: >tee sign missing on hole 4
> tee sign reversed/ incorrect on hole that plays up nearest the houses. shows road on left, road is on right shows hole to right hole is to left etc.
> tee pads short on some holes
>one bridge was unstable and planks space out too far
Other Thoughts: I met Adam ( course designer) at our local course in Evansville. He talked to my buddy and I for a while before asking us if we had played this course. Great guy, very friendly, and he designed one heck of a course!

Must Play!

1    10/7/2012   10/7/2012
Review By: DrewMillerRH
Pros: Well marked, good use of elevation, great mix of shots, swing on almost every hole, plenty of deuce ops but some challenging holes as well. Weaves in and out of the open. Teepads are adquate, signage is good, DGA baskets with the blades, well maintained fairways, challenging but fair.
Cons: That it's not in my backyard.
Other Thoughts: Will visit here many more times, really enjoyed this course, very fun to play, I'll be keeping an eye out for a tournament here.

< Prev 1 2 3 4